Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard the news at NAIAS that the Q3 is coming over to North America. Really excited.

Also considering the MB GLA and the BMW X1. Interesting times to be shopping for a new vehicle :D:D

·
Registered
914 Posts
welcome to the forum.
I seen the MB GLA, seems like a great CUV, also another one im considering. I do want some performance and refined driving, not sure which will do this better, will have to test them for myself.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome to the forum.
I seen the MB GLA, seems like a great CUV, also another one im considering. I do want some performance and refined driving, not sure which will do this better, will have to test them for myself.
I'm leaning towards the Q3 and the X1 simply because they will have rear bias AWD systems while the GLA is FWD or FWD bias...

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Welcome to the Q3 forums! Interesting times indeed.

I don't think the Q3 is rear biased AWD. The Q3 features the same AWD as last generation A3 (I think Haldex III??) which is definitely FWD biased.

The Q5 on the other hand uses a Torsen system which is 50:50 distribution until slippage is detected.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
914 Posts
Well then, can't say i didn't expect it to be FWD baised. A lot of these entry-level German vehicles are like this, probably very few of them will be RWD biased

1 - 5 of 5 Posts