Audi Q3 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Thanks - I'll check them out - I know GMP (used to race an R8 I think) and may be able to get a better deal...

·
Registered
603 Posts
It's great to see when customer support people are actually quite helpful. I look forward to hearing about what you ultimately decide to get for your Q3. Please do keep us updated.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Roger
Great to know about the Sprint Booster. I was planning on having my car tuned. I would imagine the sprint booster is only a small fix compared to tuning it? I crave the extra horsepower since I was so used to the extra horsepower in my X3. Just a tap on the pedal and ZOOM but ZOOM BOOM went the gas mileage too.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I noticed a bit of difference with the acceleration but I'm going from a 3 liter 225 hp BMW X3 to the 2 liter 200 hp Q3. The easiest way to compensate is to put it in sport mode. Much better acceleration and handling even thought the gas mileage suffers a bit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Q3 a nightmare in the US

I recently purchased the Q3 - i asked for a reliable and dependable car and was told this was - the control panel broke within the first week of driving it - part had to be ordered from Germany - then they never checked it when they installed it, scratched the steering wheel while repairing the car and now i have to wait until they get the steering wheel from germany - it appears that they have NO parts to service this car in the ENTIRE united states. i am unclear why they brought this car to market without the ability to reliably and dependably service this car. I am interested in the results of others as i am very discouraged with AUDI and had it been disclosed that this car is so new that they dont have the ability to service it I would never have bought the car....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just curious: did you search the internet for information about the Q3 at all prior to purchase? I feel like that should have made it very clear that the Q3 was just being offered for the first time in the US market for 2015 starting in November.

Also, what part are you referring to as the "control panel"? I'm sure we are all sorry to hear you are having problems just not sure exactly what problems those are. If it's a major part, I don't think it would be uncommon for it to be special ordered in from the manufacturer. In this case, that manufacturer is based in Europe, so...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I recently purchased the Q3 - i asked for a reliable and dependable car and was told this was - the control panel broke within the first week of driving it - part had to be ordered from Germany - then they never checked it when they installed it, scratched the steering wheel while repairing the car and now i have to wait until they get the steering wheel from germany - it appears that they have NO parts to service this car in the ENTIRE united states. i am unclear why they brought this car to market without the ability to reliably and dependably service this car. I am interested in the results of others as i am very discouraged with AUDI and had it been disclosed that this car is so new that they dont have the ability to service it I would never have bought the car....
First, welcome to our forum, and sorry for your initial disappointment, but in the longer term, I feel you'll be VERY pleased with this purchase. Please visit us often and continue sharing your experiences -

Meanwhile, I have had NO issue with parts for my Q3 - a few I've used in making some mods and general stuff. Not sure what you mean by "control panel" but the steering wheel shouldn't be an issue, but really - how many of those do you think they should typically stock anyway - it's not like they are a "normal" repair item. btw, if you still have trouble with that, PM me - I have a brand new one in perfect condition...

·
Registered
134 Posts

Too bad you are having such a terrible experience. If the dealership is not to your satisfaction, have you called Audi of America? Also, check your state's lemon laws, better business bureau, attorney general etc.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Too bad you are having such a terrible experience. If the dealership is not to your satisfaction, have you called Audi of America? Also, check your state's lemon laws, better business bureau, attorney general etc.
I agree 110%!!!

Everyone makes mistakes once in a while, its how they react to those mistakes that can make all of the difference. Granted it is and can be disappointing but we all need to keep things in perspective. Perhaps if you tell us your location someone on the forum could point you to a different dealer...

Reactions: Quatto

·
Registered
914 Posts
I agree 110%!!!

Everyone makes mistakes once in a while, its how they react to those mistakes that can make all of the difference. Granted it is and can be disappointing but we all need to keep things in perspective. Perhaps if you tell us your location someone on the forum could point you to a different dealer...
How they react is probably more important to them especially with how quickly word can spread about bad experience.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok. I come from the Honda Land with a v6 odyssey which I have driven 180k miles in 10 years.

Now, I was all excited and pumped when I finally got my Q3 ( Premium Plus Quattro). I cannot even say how much I had to struggle to get the color combination of my choice (Cobalt Blue/Chestnut Brown) that I finally had to buy the Premium Plus instead of the Prestige which I really wanted as the whole western region had none in prestige in that coor combo.

Anyway, I test drive the Q3 and like it and buy it. I bring it home and next day, I take it to work on the busy I-680 in the silicon valley where the freeways are mostly like parking lot. That is when I realized that the gas pedal was much much harder than what I had on mind. 40 miles each way and I come back home only to feel that my right leg is hurting from the constant pushing of the gas and the brake pedal. Never had that feeling with my Odyssey.

Now, my question, is it just me..? or is that a real issue with the current 200 hp engine. Is there any way to alleviate this issue?

Thanks
Hi I see this is a old post but I just bought a new 2021 AudiQ3 and also test drove it thinking it was fine and the gas pedal really aggravated my ankle just from the quick drive home from dealer! I am freaking out as it's sunday and they are closed . I already traded in my car and bought this! Did you find a solution as my research is not coming up with any solution to achieve less tension on this gas pedal! Yikes!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All. Thanks for the suggestions. I think I have same issue as RKM which aggravates my problem as I tend to press the pedal harder. A gentle tap on the pedal of my honda is all it takes for it to get rolling. I will really be looking out for the sprintbooster.

Another gripe.. I found the windshield visor too small and not even extensible.. causing the harsh CA sun to fall straight on the bottom of my face during the commute hours.

Thanks
Did you ever fix your leg problem? I am having a huge issue with my new 2021 AudiQ3!! I feel stuck coming from a lexus SUV350 and never had this issue! I think The Audi's gas peddle is too little or back and totally unadjustable now as everything is electric....no tension springs I can adjust! It's killing my ankle/leg!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok. I come from the Honda Land with a v6 odyssey which I have driven 180k miles in 10 years.

Now, I was all excited and pumped when I finally got my Q3 ( Premium Plus Quattro). I cannot even say how much I had to struggle to get the color combination of my choice (Cobalt Blue/Chestnut Brown) that I finally had to buy the Premium Plus instead of the Prestige which I really wanted as the whole western region had none in prestige in that coor combo.

Anyway, I test drive the Q3 and like it and buy it. I bring it home and next day, I take it to work on the busy I-680 in the silicon valley where the freeways are mostly like parking lot. That is when I realized that the gas pedal was much much harder than what I had on mind. 40 miles each way and I come back home only to feel that my right leg is hurting from the constant pushing of the gas and the brake pedal. Never had that feeling with my Odyssey.

Now, my question, is it just me..? or is that a real issue with the current 200 hp engine. Is there any way to alleviate this issue?

Thanks
Yes, I notice this '2-stage' effort, esp. in SPORT mode. It does effect shifts also, and is only a bit disconcerting and odd. Must just be how it's wired. I am liking my 2016 alot.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts