Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently (last Friday) became a new Q3 owner. I am generally satisfied. However I am a little non plussed with features. I recently had a 2014 Ford Fusion and the features on the SE were more impressive. The screen was intuitive. Changing channels was easy. Adjusting the AC/heater was far easier. The seats had memory buttons so switching drivers was no problem. I also had a vacuum position that pulled it up and all the way back. It just seems like attention to detail was not a priority with this build. When shopping I noticed the 2015 Ford Fusion had a ton of new features like inflatable seat belts for kids.

That said, I am still happy. It drives great (mpg is pretty weak though). My vehicle has pretty plain wheels on it and I am looking to upgrade them. Any suggestions? Any other fun mods? I was upset to find out rubber mats are not out yet? Any idea why? That is a pretty straightforward product to make, enter the dimensions, set the mold and go? Right?

Anyway nice to meet yall and look forward to good discussions and learning from yall.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also..

no remote start, and if I get out without my keys the ford would honk at me. I also cannot push the lock button as I walk out of the car. I have to either touch the handle to lock it or click the beeper. These are so minor, but really make me suspect that this car is going to give me a great bang for the buck.

And no power outlet. Only 2 12V car chargers. The Ford had actual electrical outlets, 3 12V chargers and 2 USB entry ports.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
First, welcome to the forum - I think if you look around you'll see a lot of stuff worth finding - and we look forward to more input from you too. Also, as I'm sure you're experiencing, driving this vehicle has its own rewards not merely categorized by options and features on a list - but that becomes subjective. I hope and think that you'll agree. Meanwhile, all of us are looking for a few more things to completely satisfy us which is why we're here and this forum exists - so enjoy !!!

As for wheels, there are a zillion options out there as the fit for this car is so similar to the A3 line - I have the optional off-road ones and think they are a great addition and at about half the cost of fitting a new external brand -

Don't forget to get your garage opened with pics - we like 'em -

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Bdawg!

I am sorry to hear of your disappointments in your Q3 purchase. Perhaps these things should have been addressed pre-purchase. That said... what I like of Audi is its simple elegance, road feel, performance & handling. In my opinion, it just grows on you. Hopefully as your vehicle breaks in you will be happier with your purchase!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome!!! I hope you grow to enjoy the new Ride!!!:)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sad to hear your list of complaints against the Q3. I would suggest making sure you balance them by thinking about some of the things that the Q3 can do that your old Ford could not. Just to put things in perspective.

Cheers!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Not to be argumentative, but I find things are more intuitive once I have learned them. I think the Q3 has just the right number of physical buttons versus screen controls. Compare dropping the temperature by two degrees using the dials versus a touch screen.... Without taking eyes off the road. But I know nothing about your Ford. I hope it grows on you!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Personally I prefer a mix of dials, buttons and touch screen. The touch screen can be hard to operate while keeping your focus on the road. I think dials and buttons make that easier since you can feel what you are doing instead of having to look.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Agreed entirely: with no tactile feedback from the touch screen, there's literally no way to tell if you are successfully completing an operation without looking. Ford does have some nice redundant controls, but there are some truly awful touch screen interfaces in cars out there (I drive a lot of rentals for work so I've experienced the good and bad of current infotainment design). I love technology but I'm going to stick with some buttons and dials for the foreseeable future...

Personally I prefer a mix of dials, buttons and touch screen. The touch screen can be hard to operate while keeping your focus on the road. I think dials and buttons make that easier since you can feel what you are doing instead of having to look.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I agree

I agree with you about the number of options on the Ford. We have a 2013 Ford Focus titanium in our family as a second car and I was amazed at some of the features that has my Q3 doesn't have. That said my car is MUCH, MUCH more refined and fun to drive than the Focus.

Who would have known an American car would have that many intuitive features... I agree about the key fob. You could walk out of the Q3 with the key and it does nothing...The nice thing about the Focus though is the touch screen although I have to admit it's not very touch sensitive. You sometimes have to press the buttons more than once to engage it.

All in all it's not my former BMW X3 with 240 hp but it also doesn't drive at all like a truck hitting every bump on the road like my X3 did!!!

Enjoy the little things in the car. Change the things you can (and with the info on this website there are a BUNCH), accept the things you can't...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Bdawg, close all doors but open the hatch, press lock on the fob, the doors DO lock, throw the convenience key in the luggage area through the open hatch then press the hatch lock button... It will not lock or move...press the hatch down button and the hatch closes but it then causes the trunk to unlock and eject open. I could not find a way to lock the fob inside. Has anyone found a way to get locked out?? The locking sensors are deactivated on the door handles if the fob is inside. A beep might wake the children I guess. It must be fun to sit in on design meetings where the engineers make such decisions. Ford says beep the horn, the driver is an idiot, while Audi says hang on! maybe the driver put the key down because his hands are full.... Ignore attempts to lock it inside and keep it all quiet. Audi engineering decisions beat Honda hands down since they let us program the gps on the go. Honda forces you to stop and put it in park. That one decision keeps me from ever buying a Honda and reminds me to check that action on any new car considered. Audi treats us like adults in comparison to Honda.

Reactions: rnlabas
1 - 11 of 11 Posts