Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Glad to have found this site and already found lots of great information. I took delivery of a new Q3 TDI 2L on friday and its been running fine, but yesterday i went over a bump and the Electronic Stabilisation Programme light came on. Later that evening when driving it just went off and stayed off. Today whilst driving it came on again. What is the cause please? Is it easy to fix? The car is brand new - dont really want to take it back to the dealer just yet, but I read if there is a fault then my ABS is not working as it should od i dont have any ?!?. Any help would be appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
First, welcome to the forum - we're glad you found us too, and we'd sure like to see some pics of your ride and hope that we can help you enjoy the forum more.

As for your query - the ESP light will come on when it activates - as for the bump, you could've actually had enough vertical displacement from the bump to lighten the suspension on one of the driven wheels so that the ABS sensor 'saw' some slip, hence activating the ESP, until traction was regained (and the system and light go out). This is normal and natural and lets you know when the system has seen and intervened on your behalf even in case you haven't (seen or intervened). As for the second instance, ditto. Whilst not knowing the circumstances of the second light sighting, I cannot be sure, but still think that you encountered yet again a case of decreased natural traction and the system caught it. Perhaps a wet surface or autumn leaves in early morning with dew (quite slippery) that you might not've noticed?

Then too, it IS possible that you may have a fault, but I'd be more likely to think the former than that. Easy enough - continue to pay close attention and if you really do suspect a fault, take it in. They'll scan the car and if there is a fault, find it straight away ... Meanwhile, enjoy learning and driving your great new Audi. Come back here often and tell us about it ;-)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts