Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I just took possession of my Q3 (Prestige/cortina white/Rock gray) last week. Words cannot describe how much I love this vehicle. The purchasing process took about 2 hours mostly because they went through about 5 or 6 plans- Audi care (4 includes services), Audi care extended warranty (8 years/80,000 mi), paint protection, tire protection, lo jack, replacement key and dent protection, and maybe another one that escapes me right now. I declined all but have the option to purchase any of them going forward and I wondered if anyone thought any of the plans were worth the money. I was seriously considering the Audi care and tire protection and thought I might do the paint protection by a third party. I read through the paint protection thread which inspired me to price it out.

Which plans have you all purchased?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer this first time Audi owner! :)

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Glad you love your car - and that you're here - If you look (search) thru the threads and posts here, you'll find quite a bit on this - As you might imagine since a few of us have been around here awhile, this is not a new subject. Check it out ...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Roger. I've search through the threads. I'm glad I declined the plans until I had a chance to research it. They were selling the plans pretty aggressively. I think I'll look more in to Xpel as I plan to have this car for many years. The thread on the tire blowouts is concerning to me but I don't think the tire protection plan is worth it in the end. Mostly, I'm concerned about the safety if in fact, the continental tires are not great tires.

Reactions: rnlabas

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Safety is my main concern with tire these days as most give great grip and decent wear; and I'd NOT be worried about Continentals as not being great - they are as good as any tire brand out there and have at least as high a statistical MTBF rating as any/everybody else. I've used them plenty over 40 cars (& 40+ years) and 100,000s of miles ...and generally been as happy with them as any other.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Safety is my main concern with tire these days as most give great grip and decent wear; and I'd NOT be worried about Continentals as not being great - they are as good as any tire brand out there and have at least as high a statistical MTBF rating as any/everybody else. I've used them plenty over 40 cars (& 40+ years) and 100,000s of miles ...and generally been as happy with them as any other.
Well, that makes me feel a lot better. Thank you!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi InnyAudi,

Fellow Virginian with a Cortina white! I'm in Arlington, VA. I personally have not purchased any plans with my Q3.

Reactions: Quatto

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi InnyAudi,

Fellow Virginian with a Cortina white! I'm in Arlington, VA. I personally have not purchased any plans with my Q3.
Hi there! I waited for mine for 2 months or so (yes, I factory-ordered the Cortina White) and in the interim had only seen 3 Q3s in our area -- 2 in Glacier White and one in black. I lurve the Cortina White. :D

Thanks for the response. I'm glad I did not make any hasty decisions.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi there! I waited for mine for 2 months or so (yes, I factory-ordered the Cortina White) and in the interim had only seen 3 Q3s in our area -- 2 in Glacier White and one in black. I lurve the Cortina White. :D

Thanks for the response. I'm glad I did not make any hasty decisions.
If you ever have any mechanical problem that the dealer cannot solve (surprisingly common), I recommend a garage called S2Dynamics out in Rockville MD. Patrick, the owner is such a gentleman and he's been dealing with Audi and VW for over 20 years.

I had my coilovers installed, fixed my suspension noise that the dealer could not find and adjusted headlight level at S2Dynamics and everytime it has been great.

Enjoy your new Audi and check in here time to time

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you ever have any mechanical problem that the dealer cannot solve (surprisingly common), I recommend a garage called S2Dynamics out in Rockville MD. Patrick, the owner is such a gentleman and he's been dealing with Audi and VW for over 20 years.

I had my coilovers installed, fixed my suspension noise that the dealer could not find and adjusted headlight level at S2Dynamics and everytime it has been great.

Enjoy your new Audi and check in here time to time
Thanks for the great tip. I will keep this contact handy but I hope not to have to use it anytime soon!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Great point about that independent shop and that holds very true, often there are shops like that which specializes in your make of vehicle, sometimes offering better service than dealerships, although you won't get pampered like dealerships would.... no free coffee/tea/water and even food... BYOB :D

The biggest take way is you'll often save money since they charge a bit less for labor.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I never had Continental tires fail on my A4, but I years ago I switched to Michelin from the stock Conti-Pro's for quieter rides with better traction and less hydroplaning. The also lasted longer.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Just about all the Michelin tires I have used in the past done well. On the lower end of Michelin tires, X-Ice tires held up very well throughout winter and I used them for 5 winters, although I think its recommended to only keep up till 4. And these were the cheapest Michelin winter tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts