Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been driving A4's for many years...love them, but the wife finally had her way and talked me into the Q3. Picked it up yesterday.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Good morning and Welcome!!!

I'm sure you will enjoy the new car!!!

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Welcome to the forum - We're a group of folks really interested in sharing great (and sometimes not so) stuff about our cars, particularly our Q3s. Hope you find something worthwhile and share too ...

Reactions: dipaola

·
Registered
603 Posts
Would love to see some pics of your new purchase. Congratulations!

let us know your thoughts on the new vehicle when you get the chance as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also moved from A4 (Avant) to Q3 and couldn't be happier with the car. I was the one who convinced my wife of the switch. Congratulations on your purchase!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Isn't the biggest difference the ride height? Other than that the two cars are very, very similar.

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far I love the car....its feels just like my A4 but higher off the ground (i think someone else mentioned that too). Also, I got lucky, cause it came with HomeLink, now I'm just trying to work on the Memory Seats.

·
Registered
451 Posts
So far I love the car....its feels just like my A4 but higher off the ground (i think someone else mentioned that too). Also, I got lucky, cause it came with HomeLink, now I'm just trying to work on the Memory Seats.
WHAT???

Your 2015 Q3 came with Homelink???

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was playing around with TrueCar today. They do say that Homelink is available now (in either silver or black) as a port installed option on a 2015 Q3. The MSRP is $295. I guess it will be standard on 2016's?

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it did come with them, but whats funny is when i bought it the dealership said HomeLink wasn't in the car, but then when it got delivered, HomeLink was in there.

Now I must find a way to add Memory Seat...its killing my wife and I to keep changing all the setting each time one of us drives after the other.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I was playing around with TrueCar today. They do say that Homelink is available now (in either silver or black) as a port installed option on a 2015 Q3. The MSRP is $295. I guess it will be standard on 2016's?
Man, Audi is really pissing me off with this car.

So now I wonder if the dealer would do the install of Homelink for $295.

Can you please post a picture of it so others can see where it's located.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Could you post a pic of the HomeLink for us - we have NO info on where it even fits or what it looks like -
Thanks -

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Here is the pic of HomeLink

Thanks much for the post !!! That is very interesting - looks like they just took a new kit (with Audi style buttons) for the visor and stuck it on the side of the console. Not very well integrated, - really, a bit disappointing actually. But I see how it can work pretty easily. Mark - for us that looks like the place we could put the kits we already have with little trouble too - just the difference for the buttons panel as far as looks go. A new kit is $169 - mine cost $15, so I ain't too worried about $154 worth of new buttons (in fact I might add that perhaps the old buttons look tidier and are smaller) ...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts