Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I am Pacific Northwest Washington native who just left the all too familiar Toyota world and got myself a brand new 2015 Audi Q3 Prestige :D COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!!

I do however have a couple questions I hope you all could answer! (btw, I have been reading this forum for about two weeks now and just wanted to say you all are an awesome group of knowledgable enthusiast and can't wait to ask and learn a million things!)

For now:

1: The Q3 came with back and rear stock tinted windows, leaving myself feeling very exposed in the front :eek:. From experience, did you just take it somewhere and only tint the front window to match the back? I would like a darker tint all around but wasn't sure if I should compromise the beautiful stock tint! Any suggestions?

2: My Q3 is Mythos Black with gorgeous stock wheels (silver). Has any black Q3 owner blacked out their wheels and if so, how does it look? I just cant decide if it would look funny. I would love to see some pictures!

3. I have seen a couple people ask about rubber mats for the car and unless I'm blind as a bat, I haven't seen any! Being from the PNW, they are pretty much essential. Is there any update on where to find them?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I can only speak to your #3 however you should be able to pick these up from your dealer...

And hey, welcome!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Rubber mats are now available at parts.audiusa.com

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I'll add a welcome too, and if you look around you'll find a whole litany about number 3, so hang on for THAT ride, but as noted above, it's prolly all moot by now - a fun read though and an indicator of creative solutions until Audi (or WeatherTech) could catch up.

As for the first 2, not sure there's really been much action here about them - but let's see what shakes in response. Meanwhile, enjoy the site, we're glad you're here and look forward to both what we can do to help you, and get some opinions/observations back at us... As for me, I'm happy with the tint difference and my wheels as they came -

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Well, I at least had the extra $50 or so in comfort using them this past winter (and preserving my carpet mats) so our solution was worth it to me...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome! There are rubber mats. I just got them from the dealer, who told me they are difficult to get. There are always WeatherTech mats. I have a WeatherTech cargo mat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright another question- or perhaps concerned just came up during my last drive about 15 minutes ago.

When I start the car, I hear a humming sound that seems to be coming from near the back (wheel area?) This is actually like the 3rd time this has happened. Usually last for about 30 seconds. It starts when I put the Q3 in reverse, and continues for a bit after I am in drive. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Did you at least get to test drive its Toyota (Lexus) rival, the Lexus NX before going the Q3 route?

Keep us posted on how things go, hopefully your new Q3 treats you well!

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I think what you're hearing is the fuel tank evaporative recovery system spooling up in response to the main fuel pump loop starting when you either open the driver's door (with the key in your pocket) or start the car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Alright another question- or perhaps concerned just came up during my last drive about 15 minutes ago.

When I start the car, I hear a humming sound that seems to be coming from near the back (wheel area?) This is actually like the 3rd time this has happened. Usually last for about 30 seconds. It starts when I put the Q3 in reverse, and continues for a bit after I am in drive. Has this happened to anyone else?
It could be the fuel pump. I had the same noise and the dealer told me that this is a fuel pump issue that Audi is aware of. Unfortunately mine has gradually gotten louder and more persistent to the point of being distracting and bothersome. I am hoping the dealer will fix this without a fight when I take the car in again.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Rear mats are here and finally in the car! Since Audi sent a 25% off accessories coupon, they wound up being just $38, so it all worked out pretty well, despite the four month wait.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had the dealer tint the fronts. They did a decent job on the color match and I left the factory tint alone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wondering if you have continued to have the noise issue? I took it to my local dealer and couldn't replicate the noise so they said they couldn't do anything for me. Mine is getting louder and louder and becoming quite annoying. Not sure if this is something I should be concerned about...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I wouldn't be concerned until you can replicate it consistently at the dealer - then they should be able to effectively diagnose and repair ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright I have another quick question:

Are you supposed to be able to lock and unlock the doors using the handle on the two back doors? They have the little button on the handle but don't do anything on my Q3. Are the buttons just there for looks?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Alright I have another quick question:

Are you supposed to be able to lock and unlock the doors using the handle on the two back doors? They have the little button on the handle but don't do anything on my Q3. Are the buttons just there for looks?

The outside handle die-marks are ONLY to match the fronts, there are NO sensors in the rear handles - I think this is mentioned in the manual ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow!-

It's already time for my complimentary 5K maintenance! Just curious as to what exactly they do "for free" to the Q3? Is it a good idea to continually go to Audi for all maintenance? The tech also said they had to do a software update that takes a couple hours... what are they updating and will I be able to see any difference?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts