Audi Q3 Forum banner

New (to me) 2016 Q3 Premium Plus...What Do I Need to Know?

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Jon 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm in the process of purchasing a CPO 2016 model (40,000 miles). What're the tendencies, quirks, difficulties, and annoyances of this car? Are there any maintenance peculiarities or defects I need to prepare for? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
If you already knew this then please excuse me, though I just recently found out about carbon build up on the 2.0T intake valves due to the direct injection design. Since the fuel is injected directly into the cylinder the detergents In fuel and cleaning products that you can add to your fuel will never pass over the intake valves. the most effective and efficient way to clean them is to remove the intake manifold, and either use chemicals and scrub them or they can be blasted the walnut shells. it is common for our intake manifolds to break, sometimes while removing it so some owners have them replaced when they have their valves cleaned. It is labor intensive and takes about ten hours for a pro mechanic from what I have read.

#4 ·
Oh forgot to mention that it should be done every 60k miles more or less case dependin.
Thank you very much, Jon.

To update this post, we did purchase the car. It's going to be a primary runabout for my wife, and a backup for my 2004 E320, which means it's not going to be compiling a lot of mileage, so it'll be interesting to see when this issue appears. About my car buying experience, I have to give a shout out to the folks that assisted me. Audi of Lancaster, PA made the experience efficient, painless, and professional; it was a lot easier than I was expecting, and for those of you in NY, they do plenty of out of state business, so I was able to get my NY registration/sales tax/plates through the dealership, as well. I also had the services of a professional car buyer. Tom McParland of Automatch Consulting was very helpful and more than paid for himself in the negotiations with the dealership; I recommend his service, and his car buying column on Jalopnik is informative, as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.