Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

I have recently taken ownership of a 2012 S line plus in Samoa Orange, and its great.

However I have a slight problem, I have fitted a genuine Audi Q3 retractable tow bar and have just fitted the Audi tow bar control unit. (all 3 connections)

I have added the 3 fuses to the fuse box for the hitch and joined the connector in the foot well.

But alas, no light on the tow release knob and no power at the hitch.

Have I missed something?

thanks

Kevi h

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hello Kevi h, welcome to the forum...

Have you missed something?
I would have to say yes, definitely! Unfortunately I don't have a clue what that might be but welcome anyway....

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kevi - glad you found us - obviously you are NOT in the US or Canada with a Samoa Q3 (luck guy on that color - one of my favorites). The bad news for most of us to help is that we in the US/NAR do not have as an option the tow bar yet - so very few have ventured forth with the install - and none as far as I know have used the Audi OEM taps for power connections. I hope that some of our members in the EU or RoW will see your post and reply - it will help all of us too. Please enjoy our forum meanwhile -

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys, I saw this colour and could not resist it.

I m sure someone in the UK has fitted an Audi tow hitch, I ll wait to see.

Thanks all

Kevi

·
Registered
400 Posts
Is this Samoa Orange? It looks enticing!!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kevi - glad you found us - obviously you are NOT in the US or Canada with a Samoa Q3 (luck guy on that color - one of my favorites). The bad news for most of us to help is that we in the US/NAR do not have as an option the tow bar yet - so very few have ventured forth with the install - and none as far as I know have used the Audi OEM taps for power connections. I hope that some of our members in the EU or RoW will see your post and reply - it will help all of us too. Please enjoy our forum meanwhile -
There always is the costly way to go about this for those that didn't get it and that is to wrap! But at least it's a forgiving process that can be easily undone for when the time is needed.

·
Registered
603 Posts
That's a really nice orange color. Different but not so crazy that it doesn't look normal. Wonder how well this color would do if it was offered in North America.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Is this Samoa Orange? It looks enticing!!
Hard to say really - maybe - could be the pic or the light - could be Glut Orange -

But I KNOW this is Samoa :

Now that I see them together - I do think the first is Samoa too -

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
That's a really nice orange color. Different but not so crazy that it doesn't look normal. Wonder how well this color would do if it was offered in North America.
It's been available on the R8 for the past 2 years anyway and an exclusive choice for about 6 years ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts