Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pickked up my new 2021 Q3 on 7/3/2021. It's a 2021 Q3 TFSI 40. Chronos Grey Matallic, Black interior. With convenience pkg, Audi Beam rings, interior protection pkg., and Aluminum Spectrum inlays. I live in a town outside of Rochester NY and there isonly one Audi dealer in Rochester. This was the only "40" on it's way from Hungary. So far, I am very happy with my Q3. I went from a 2018 Chev. Equinox AWD.
I read through the owners manual 2 times to get familiar with the vehicle. I could not find the red rip cord in, in the trunk, to release the fuel filler door, in an emergency. I probably went back ten times, after reading the instructions in the manual each time.
Today I went to the Audi dealer to find out what I was missing. The service manager had two different mechanics on it right away. After removing all the felt lining, plastic pieces and the tool holder, they couldn't find a release cord. They even got a camera scope to look further. No cord. They are going to contact, whomever, and will get back to me.
I searched the forum and could not find any post about this subject for this model and year.
I wonder if this feature went the same way as the rear fog lights?
Thanks or listening and hope someone out there is aware of this issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, on page 203 of my owners manual (2020 Q3) it states “only applies to vehicles with manual fuel filter release” not sure what that Means. I’ve searched my trunk twice and cannot find any emergency release

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tccox, thanks for the reply. I believe "manual release" means that you have to push on the fuel door to have it pop out and then push again to close it. Anyway, I received a phone call from the service manager yesterday. He had contacted Audi and their reply was. Q3's made when mine was (March, 2021) and after no longer have that feature. Too baf they didn't update the owner's manual! I asked what's the alternative? Call Audi Assist. I guess they'll use a crowbar. Way to go, Audi. Audi said it rarely happens.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Tccox, thanks for the reply. I believe "manual release" means that you have to push on the fuel door to have it pop out and then push again to close it. Anyway, I received a phone call from the service manager yesterday. He had contacted Audi and their reply was. Q3's made when mine was (March, 2021) and after no longer have that feature. Too baf they didn't update the owner's manual! I asked what's the alternative? Call Audi Assist. I guess they'll use a crowbar. Way to go, Audi. Audi said it rarely happens.
build date on my 2020 is December 2019. Ive checked 3 times and no emergency release on mine. On the positive side I’ve never needed one

·
Registered
4 Posts
In my Audi Q3 S line with premium. Plus package. I did nor notice any such red card. It says made in May 2021, nought in first week of August

1 - 7 of 7 Posts