Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like the turbo failing was common on some older Audi models, but I can’t seem to find anyone mentioning this happening on a Q3.

I am pretty surprised this happened with so few miles. I don’t think I drive the car particularly hard although I had bought it with 8k miles and who knows what the first owner did.

The good news is a new Turbo is being covered by my CPO warranty. Bad news, the dealer said the part isn’t in stock in any US dealership and has no delivery timeframe.

Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I began having this problem today. 2015 Q3, 50K miles. Check Engine Light, P0299 Turbo/Charger Underboost code. Internet says either a diverter valve or sensor problem. Cant wait for the bill on this one. Any update on your repair?

·
Registered
37 Posts
UPDATE: This was a $2600 repair at the dealer and the same price was quoted at a independent European service center in my area. I called Audi USA to make a case for repair help despite being out of warranty for 1.5 years given the low mileage on the car. Audi agreed to pick up 60% of the repair cost after spending a couple of sessions on the phone with a US based Audi customer advocate. This was very much appreciated and I had the car repaired at the dealer where I purchased the car and have had it serviced during the entire time I’ve owned it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts