Audi Q3 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have finally accomplished this today!! :) Ordered the parts a month ago and received them yesterday. I am attaching a couple of pictures. It took about 1.5 hours to install, including checking VCDS software. I ordered it from oemvag.es website for about $137. Thanks to AMILL for the website and Roger for the nice install instructions. Per my count, I maybe the 4th person to do this in NAR.0:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
...Per my count, I maybe the 4th person to do this in NAR.0:)
I'd say you're correct ...a limited group indeed - and now that the '16s will have a fixed screen, an even rarer breed overall. btw, I now hardly ever pop up my screen unless using Nav (which is not so often) ... I really like this mod - and so does my bride -

·
Registered
53 Posts
I know what you mean, I actually think we have a better view of the road with the screen down. I am finally using the steering wheel buttons on the left and the * button on the right to listen to music. I took the family out for a ride in the new and improved Q3 and everyone loved it.

I didn't know that '16 will not have the screen fold. Too bad.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I have finally accomplished this today!! :) Ordered the parts a month ago and received them yesterday. I am attaching a couple of pictures. It took about 1.5 hours to install, including checking VCDS software. I ordered it from oemvag.es website for about $137. Thanks to AMILL for the website and Roger for the nice install instructions. Per my count, I maybe the 4th person to do this in NAR.0:)
Looking good and welcome to our Folding MMI Club.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thank Roger for hooking you up with the parts... He was the one who told me about it in the first place. I can't wait to get mine done.... Only took a month to get the parts.. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Looking good and welcome to our Folding MMI Club.
I'm half-tempted to hide a camera in my car for the first service visit, just to see what the service department makes of the folded screen when they first see it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I'm half-tempted to hide a camera in my car for the first service visit, just to see what the service department makes of the folded screen when they first see it.
My recommendation. Don't fold it or tell them. Should anything go wrong with the MMI, the dealer will blambe you for pulling it out.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Mine's already well-aware and trying to satisfy a few more folk interested... a trend :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
True - the thought's crossed my mind. When I told the salespeople who invited me to stop by after picking up the car for a small holiday gift they'd forgotten to give me delivery (12/26), I mentioned my plan and they seemed pretty into it for other customers, too. *shrugs* We'll see!

My recommendation. Don't fold it or tell them. Should anything go wrong with the MMI, the dealer will blambe you for pulling it out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Finally had time to do this

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I hardly ever raise mine these days. Around town I just use the center screen between the gauges for most stuff that I need. If I want to gaze at a map or do anything fancy with the phone or stereo, I'll pop it up, then push it back down. I like the clean look of the dash with it folded down...

Reactions: nickjs1984 and RKM

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Hey Skoobytime - welcome. Hope you enjoy it here, we're really a great forum. Sorry, but the group buy I started was back in November and long since over. I was hoping another would start in February or so, but that never materialized. And a few others since have just used the posts here on their own. Try following the links to a few possible sources and see what you can do. The mechanics are really pretty easy and straightforward...

·
Registered
302 Posts
My 2016 is on the way....and I knew in advance the MMI screen would be fixed in position, but I also felt pretty strongly I would attempt to remedy that situation once the car arrived.

Having only been on this forum for a few days, I just started reading with interest the ordering of parts and installation of the pop-up screen.

Two of my buddies in the UK have the pop-up screen as "standard" on their Q3s, they tell me. So my question is, does anyone know if one can simply contact an Audi dealer parts department to buy the needed parts to install the pop-up screen?

I thought I would eventually check around with various dealers (my Q3 doesn't arrive until early September), but thought someone on this forum may have already done the leg work. It would seem that if Audi USA did not have the parts, Audi UK should.

Any thoughts or insights?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
PLEASE - chase thru the threads and posts - you WILL find for yourself these answers. BLUF - your U.S. Dealer cannot supply these parts, but ANY other source where they're standard can. I sourced a few sets back in December from Slovakia, but the UK is fine - just more expensive and to ship. PNs etc and a pic by pic installation is in our forum - check it out!!!

81 - 100 of 221 Posts