Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the factory installed power tailgate be closed manually?

After seeing some of the component prices on the Electronic Trunk Retro thread, this is an option that I would happily live without if it can’t. An out of warranty cost I would rather not encounter.

·
Registered
262 Posts
yes it can...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Imagine if they made a lift gate that you couldn't close with your hand. Sure, automatic opening and closing is great, but it would be silly to stop people from closing it themselves.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imagine if they made a lift gate that you couldn't close with your hand. Sure, automatic opening and closing is great, but it would be silly to stop people from closing it themselves.
I agree. But I kind of remember hearing one of the European video reviewers complaining about how slow it goes up and down and that you can't do it by hand if you have the feature.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It works for me so I'm not sure what that reviewer might have been talking about.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Exactly. By default this is how it should be since there is always that chance of the automatic system failing or needing it to open without power, like if your battery is completely dead.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are used to closing the hatch of our Passat wagon by hand and have never had a problem reaching it.
I’m 6’2” so I guess I would be fine. My wife is only 5’9”, do you think she would be able to reach the handle to close the hatch manually?

·
Registered
451 Posts
We are used to closing the hatch of our Passat wagon by hand and have never had a problem reaching it.
I’m 6’2” so I guess I would be fine. My wife is only 5’9”, do you think she would be able to reach the handle to close the hatch manually?
My wife is 5'6" and has no problem reaching the button to close/or if she had to do it manually.

·
Registered
262 Posts
My wife is 5'6" and has no problem reaching the button to close/or if she had to do it manually.
FYI, The power lift gate opening height can also be adjusted (at least on the power lift gate) so in reality it could be adjusted for anyone...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts