Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
audiq3forum.com Vendor
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When upgrading our headlights with expensive aftermarket set, we really hope that it will last for a long time. But as any other product, it requires careful handling and protection. WeatherTech has a resolution for you!

Their LampGuard Headlight Covers secure your headlamps, fog lamps, turn indicators and parking lights from scratching, cracking and pitting. Made from incredibly tough 40 mil. thick, double-polished urethane material, optically clear with built-in UV inhibitors they are backed with 3-year warranty.

To select it for your vehicle click here: WeatherTech® - LampGard Headlight Covers

Here is a presentation video, showing how it actually works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bkU3JEQUEg

What do you think about this product?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
How much? - to add Xpel Ultimate for my Q3 cost an additional $40 and I have had film (3M and Dennison) on my other Audi lights for 6 years and they're still going strong and clear ...

·
Registered
916 Posts
This is actually really smart, smart to them on our Q3's NOW so the OEM UV coating (prevents yellowing) get protected.

Only downside (if you consider it that) is preparation

·
audiq3forum.com Vendor
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Price for the headlight covers is $54.95 + shipping charge, depending on your zip code. Here are the installation instructions, so you can check the whole process: http://assets.weathertech.com/assets/1/25/LampGard_Instructions.pdf The only difficulty you might experience during installation is to stick the covers on the lights correctly. But the result is definitely worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
I've never had a problem with my head lights. What do you guys do to maintain your lenses and what can go wrong with them?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I've been using clear film since Y2K - before that, had glass lenses that didn't need protection like polycarbonate ones do ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts