Audi Q3 Forum banner

put wheel spacers on it or not?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  alicesx 
#1 ·
Well, I own a Q3 right now, and I’m thinking about refit my wheels to aftermarket wheels.
The problem is that all aftermarket wheels that I prefer are really big wheels.
I’m afraid that those big wheels won’t fit, what if they scratch the fenders or brake calipers?
So I search on the internet that there’s an example of RS5 being modified, that it won’t be any problems of scratching between wheels and fenders, or wheels and calipers.
Is there anyone who has installed wheel spacers on Q3?And what’s the size of wheel spacers that I should put on my vehicles?
Thanks for your answers.

#2 ·
With all the wheel options on the market today, spacers should be a last resort! Seriously!! Decide on the wheel diameter you prefer: smaller wheel/more sidewall=>comfort <performance whereas bigger wheel/less sidewall= <comfort >performance. Follow guidelines for the wheel offset and make sure it’s a “hub-centric” wheel. Tons of options out there for virtually any budget. Keep in mind that big/odd sized tires are typically more $.... sometimes WAY MORE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.