Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a call from my sales guy a few days ago and my car was due to port yesterday, arriving to the dealer about 10 days later. Guess I'll have it in about 2 weeks.

It is not the face-lifted version. The original build date was mid February but was moved up to late January. There is something to be said for a tried and true version that has had time to work the kinks out. It sure will be nice to have some new wheels under me. A spring road trip is in order for us.

Now, I was reading a lot about a Home Link modification some folks here were trying to make. There is now a Home Link Port Installed Option available in black or silver for $295. Maybe it can be retrofitted. For me, I'll probably just get a clicker at Home Depot for $35.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Hey John - thanks for that update. I suppose it's the replacement of the overhead console to include the HomeLink module similar to other models. I tried to see how to integrate one myself, and decided that it would fit, but the shade-tree mechanics was prolly not worth it, knowing Audi was to include it on the facelift and that the facelift would not likely have revisions to this part of interior (the overhead console).

Another option could've been to integrate into the driverside visor, which happens to cost more than the overhead console to replace, hence my choice to wait. Sounds like that console part is now available with HomeLink so I'll be looking into it... If it's another direction, I may just keep my spare clicker as I'm now using it.

Btw, I'd bet on seeing your car MUCH sooner than two weeks, perhaps just later THIS week. Oh, and if you're looking for a REALLY nice Spring road trip, go to : http://quattrodemayo.com and check that out, I'll be there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Roger, I'll check out that link.

You may well be correct on the car arriving sooner. Both my A4's were with this salesperson and he delivered sooner that stated. Later won't bother me however; it'll give the roads a chance to clean up from the winter. HeHe.

The HomeLink is on my list of things to ask about when the car arrives. My A4 has it on the visor (from factory) and Subaru does it as a dealer installed option that replaces the rear view mirror. I'll get back with the details.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts