Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm confused. Is this for the new 2015 coming out now, or is this artricle even though it just came out is about the Q3 say 8 months ago?

·
Registered
914 Posts
I'm confused. Is this for the new 2015 coming out now, or is this artricle even though it just came out is about the Q3 say 8 months ago?
The article is dated for sept 24th 2014 that these pictures came from. seems like it's what new for the 2015 model year.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
NOPE - Don't forget the current version - INCLUDING cars coming to the U.S. now, is from 2010. This facelift is part of the normal schedule even though WE (the U.S.) are only jumping in almost at the end of the first model cycle. That means this version (above) will be in production sometime next year for probably the 2016 models NOT what's coming now. If you want the latest you should wait a year or so, maybe even two...

·
Registered
451 Posts
NOPE - Don't forget the current version - INCLUDING cars coming to the U.S. now, is from 2010. This facelift is part of the normal schedule even though WE (the U.S.) are only jumping in almost at the end of the first model cycle. That means this version (above) will be in production sometime next year for probably the 2016 models NOT what's coming now. If you want the latest you should wait a year or so, maybe even two...
That's not going to happen as our Q3 should be in within a month,

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
That's not going to happen as our Q3 should be in within a month,
What's not going to happen? Do you think you're getting the facelifted version shown above? Guess again. My car was just built (22 Sep) and it is NOT the version shown above. Btw, it is in line to get to a ship in Emden as I write this. Cars coming off today's production line look essentially the same as they did in Jun 2011. You will NOT get those headlamps, tail lamps or extended cut front grill...not yet. The rest is hardly changed, hence 'facelift', but there will be a few more interior revisions.

Sorry -

·
Registered
451 Posts
What's not going to happen? Do you think you're getting the facelifted version shown above? Guess again. My car was just built (22 Sep) and it is NOT the version shown above. Btw, it is in line to get to a ship in Emden as I write this. Cars coming off today's production line look essentially the same as they did in Jun 2011. You will NOT get those headlamps, tail lamps or extended cut front grill...not yet. The rest is hardly changed, hence 'facelift', but there will be a few more interior revisions.

Sorry -
My not going to happen is me getting the facelift because mine should be here within a month.

This is a slap in the face who ordered the Q3's early and NOW they're getting a face lift. Even if the face lift is for 2016, anyone who bought a 2015 first issued in the USA now has an older model.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Sorry, wasn't sure what your point was - meant no disrespect, but wanted to be sure you got the truth. But somebody needs to buy them. I've been waiting since a 2011 drive in Germany so my demand is pretty pent up, and I realize the facelift is comparatively minor, while liking the current look just fine...

I don't even want to wait until March or April to get a TDI and S-Line (buying most of those parts now anyway) - and would wait for HomeLink and seat memory if I knew they were even really coming at all (HomeLink supposedly, seat memory??) but I know the price will hike after initial intro demand is satisfied - same happened with Q5 in '09. I don't think the facelift cars will start until NEXT Sept anyway, essentially a whole year out. So I'm cool.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sorry, wasn't sure what your point was - meant no disrespect, but wanted to be sure you got the truth. But somebody needs to buy them. I've been waiting since a 2011 drive in Germany so my demand is pretty pent up, and I realize the facelift is comparatively minor, while liking the current look just fine...

I don't even want to wait until March or April to get a TDI and S-Line (buying most of those parts now anyway) - and would wait for HomeLink and seat memory if I knew they were even really coming at all (HomeLink supposedly, seat memory??) but I know the price will hike after initial intro demand is satisfied - same happened with Q5 in '09. I don't think the facelift cars will start until NEXT Sept anyway, essentially a whole year out. So I'm cool.
We're good.

I'm having a shop install Homelink and he's looking into memory seats.

Pisses me off that Audi would do an upgrade and maybe add some options for a late 2015.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
We're good.

I'm having a shop install Homelink and he's looking into memory seats.

Pisses me off that Audi would do an upgrade and maybe add some options for a late 2015.
I'm looking into a Gentex mirror that includes HomeLink as the standard OEM is so tiny and oval - like a TT's and it's way too small for the Q3 - don't know what Audi was thinking with this. I'd be interested in what you find for memory seats though - keep us informed please. ;)

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm looking into a Gentex mirror that includes HomeLink as the standard OEM is so tiny and oval - like a TT's and it's way too small for the Q3 - don't know what Audi was thinking with this. I'd be interested in what you find for memory seats though - keep us informed please. ;)
No reason to go with a Gentex. You can pick up homelink modules and install them in the headliner.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I know, but since I want a larger mirror anyway - and a used Q5 mirror is about the same price as the Gentex ($185) and the HomeLink module about another $160, why spend almost twice and have the headliner hassle in addition...

If I would be happy with the minor mirror you're right, the HomeLink module should be pretty easy -

·
Registered
451 Posts
I know, but since I want a larger mirror anyway - and a used Q5 mirror is about the same price as the Gentex ($185) and the HomeLink module about another $160, why spend almost twice and have the headliner hassle in addition...

If I would be happy with the minor mirror you're right, the HomeLink module should be pretty easy -
You can pick up a homelink module for about $25 on ebay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts