Audi Q3 Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Hey - thought I'd be seeing you up here in Franklin - what happened? Missing some nice drives and fall colors ...

BLUF : I think there's MUCH more risk for Audi to work maybe 5K units at $500 for the few that'd opt for it, than the possible downside in CAFE and warranty. Just a negative NPV in my opinion. If they want to get that niche, better to bring a new car (S, RS) and get $5K per unit for that risk than $500 ...

Just my 2¢....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Had a bad fall Monday night, hit my head on the granite counter top and lost consciousness. Ended up with abrade 3 concussion, had a ct-scan on Tuesday and have been dealing with severe headaches and vision issues the last few days so didn't think it wise to be driving in the mountains.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Oh man, so sorry - but we missed ya! Please take care - we don't like concussions...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Had a bad fall Monday night, hit my head on the granite counter top and lost consciousness. Ended up with abrade 3 concussion, had a ct-scan on Tuesday and have been dealing with severe headaches and vision issues the last few days so didn't think it wise to be driving in the mountains.
:eek: Sorry to hear that, rokutman....

Remember, we old cats only have nine lives, and I bet you've already used quite a few.......make sure you are getting some TLC and don't push it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings from Brasil! First Q3 and first day at audioq3forum.com!

My Q3 is a 2.0 TFSI with a stock 180Hp engine, yes, here in Brasil the Q3 is in different versions, we have a 1.4 TFSI that it's not Quattro, because it's front-wheel drive! So is it Q3? Good question, because as Q mean Quattro, and as this 1.4 is not Quattro so...
The 2.0 TFSI 180HP Quattro, and the 2.0 TFSI 220HP Quattro.
My car is a new Q3 180HP Quattro. My version does not comes with the Audi Drive Select, so I can only have the sport mode to make some difference. So I installed the sprintbooster to the gas pedal, that really add some performance, but not too much. So I installed today an awesome product, RACECHIP Ultimate. This is a really huge, huge improvement, lots of Hp and torque. The site claims that is +53Hp over stock. To me, it's like a new car. Very agressive, animal, fast, fun! I can not talk about fuel consuptiom yet, and I'm not a kind of guy that push too hard a car, specially mine that's almost new. But I can say surely, if I need it, it will be there, power at 4 wheels!
The question of warranty to me I really do not care because I really think that Audi dealer here will not notice anything, also you can remove the chip and put the normal programming in less than 10 seconds.
The difference to buy a 220Hp motor here is more than $10,000 so with $500 I can make it a 233Hp one.
I'm sure Audi 220Hp and 180Hp is exactly the same, no different pistons, better components, and so on. The only difference is the programming of the injection and turbo boost mostly, IMHO that's exactly what racechip does. You install it on the MAP sensor and Turbo boost pressure sensor.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts