Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reviewing my owner's manual on periodic service items. Interestingly, it ONLY mentions tire rotation at 5,000 miles. No mention for anything more.

I Googled Quattro Tire Rotation and get about half replies that it does not require it as Quattro wears so evenly, or that you should every 5,000 miles. And then only front to back even if the tires are non-directional.

Where can I get the true story? Dealers and tire manufacturers fall on the rotate side of the question for obvious reasons in my opinion. But Audi seems to have no statement.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I rotate every 5k miles, the all wheel drive doesn't have anything to do with it, it is the steering and front weight bias that will wear the fronts first. Rotate the tires to ensure they all have the same diameter and wear evenly, you will also get more tire life.

MG

·
Registered
53 Posts
I rotate every 5k miles, the all wheel drive doesn't have anything to do with it, it is the steering and front weight bias that will wear the fronts first. Rotate the tires to ensure they all have the same diameter and wear evenly, you will also get more tire life.

MG
This is correct.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thought if was interesting that in all the literature that came with my 2020 Q3 there’s not one mention of tire rotation, not at 5000 miles, nothing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts