Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:eek: Wow, more that 43 reads a no one know about? :crying:

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
:eek: Wow, more that 43 reads a no one know about? :crying:
Sorry, MOST of us are in the US : this tuner is in Germany and does not typically market or sell their tunes here. Secondly, I don't know of a SINGLE US Q3 owner with a tune as the car has only been here for 2 of its 5 year life and still under warranties that folks here want to keep yet...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Roger, thanks for the answer, I begin to think that my posts are invisible ha ha ha

I can say you that RaceChip have a USA office, not only Germany. You can find it in https://www.racechip-usa.com/ and most of the products have free shipping in the US. And with the warranty, as is a plug&play toy is easy to remove and there are no traces >:D

I order mine from UK, because is cheaper for me and expect it in 2 weeks in my hands, add 58 Hp and 95 Nm is a option that is irresistible to me (final numbers: 269 Hp from 208 Hp and 395 Nm from 300 Nm)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Interesting idea. Especially if you are still under warranty. Let us know what you think after you install!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good question. I send a e-mail to racechip US with that observation. As I have any answer, I write it here

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
btw, before someone asks - EVEN IF a secondary in-line module is added to the ECU line, the ECU WILL detect it (via O2 Sensor vs fuel utility vs MAF positions) and throw a TD1, which WILL void your warranty ...

·
Registered
28 Posts
btw, before someone asks - EVEN IF a secondary in-line module is added to the ECU line, the ECU WILL detect it (via O2 Sensor vs fuel utility vs MAF positions) and throw a TD1, which WILL void your warranty ...
Roger: Does this hold for all piggyback tuning solutions - thinking specifically of Chipwerke. As I suspect you are aware, Chipwerke makes much of the assertion that it is undetectable, leaves no trace when removed, etc. As I understand it, the Chipwerke plugs into the MAP sensors, but must somehow be inline with the ECU.

Your thoughts greatly appreciated!

LIY

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
LIY - let me be absolutely clear : unless ANYBODY who offers ANY kind of "undetectable" presence, is backed up by a WRITTEN CONTRACTUAL warranty, YOU are at risk. Audi is much more sophisticated in determining whether their tune is being 'enhanced' than you know, and believe me when I note that they (Audi) want to be CERTAIN that they have a DEFINED RISK with respect to warranty coverage, you should SIMPLY take reasonable care. I've tried to be clear on this, the reading and understanding is now in the eyes, ears and hands of the warned...

If ANYBODY (and so far that is NOBODY) stands behind their "undetectable" or "without a trace" claims with a WRITTEN WARRANTY, I would be STILL be wary. Audi is larger, richer, wiser and has many more lawyers than either you or your tuner...PAY ATTENTION - PLEASE !!! If this is just too hard to take/believe, then good luck, and my best wishes for your warranty claim should you EVER need one.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
has anybody try the race chip yet ?
Which "race chip" do you mean? There are at least a dozen different ones out there. They are very different in their approach, execution AND warranty (to the degree they even have one).

Please READ their fine print - most are LIMITED in liability to the cost of their device, which may be USD4-500, but could cause USD1000s in un-warranty claims for which YOU'd be responsible.

btw, a post above by LIY asked about so-called 'undetectable' piggy back units. DO NOT be fooled - these units MUST be detected somewhere by your ECU to add fuel and if the required fuel by the piggy-back-influenced MAF does not match the map in the ECU ROM, BINGO! you have a code violation and prolly a TD1 - i.e. NO warranty on the drivetrain any longer...

Caveat Emptor !

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I receive mine yesterday in my house, but I'm in a business ravel out of the country. As I return I can write my first impressions.

In my case is the RaceChip from Germany the Ultimate model.

has anybody try the race chip yet ?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts