Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve owned my 2016 Q3 for a couple months now. I’m frustrated about the wipers on rain sensing intermittent, or should I say lack of. While driving in the Misty rain where intermittent wipers would be perfect, my wipers are a huge let down. They seem to only work when they want. Sometimes they swipe with only a few drops on the windshield while other times they sit and do nothing while the rain builds up to the point I must manually make the wipers move by either switching to full on or by hitting the just once all the way down. And what’s up with the wipers completely stopping while the car is stopped for a traffic light, even when the wipers are on full constant wipers.
I’ve asked two Audi service departments and they say “there’s nothing wrong, they work fine” then get treated like I’m making it up. When it’s in the rain sensing intermittent I’ve also noticed that the wipers occasionally make a short movement down about an inch then return to rest position, it does this about the time it should be making a swipe to clear the rain build up.
If this is “working fine” and is the way it is I won’t be owning the Q3 much longer. I live in a rainy misty area where intermittent wipers are important. At the moment I must turn the wipers on continuous even for light sprinkles. The intermittent when IT wants to is not acceptable. I’d take time intermittent over rain sensing any day if this is what I have to live with.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts