Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I have just returned from a drive from Washington, DC to Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, A few observations:

Everything about the car was comfortable. The cargo area was sufficient for a two-person, two-week trip (even without folding down the seats).

The dual zone air conditioner works pretty well, but not if there’s a wide gap in temperature (in our case, 74F/64F).

After crossing the Canadian border, I really missed Google Voice (by far the easiest way to enter a destination) and Google Maps. I’m pretty sure I’ll continue Audi Connect after my trial period expires.

The quality of the navigation system’s auto-rerouting was hard to judge, although I know that it saved me from sitting in a traffic jam on I-95 in Connecticut, as I could see it in my rear-view mirror. And after a few thousand miles, I actually grown sort of fond of Liesl’s voice.

Yes, my car is named Liesl.

Sadly, all of the Online Destinations that we selected via My Destinations on myAudi.com (or via Send to Car on Google Maps) were inaccessible once we lost Audi Connect in Canada. I had mistakenly thought that Online Destinations were stored locally, but apparently they’re stored in the cloud.

The Fuel Price feature of Audi Connect (which I’d never used before) doesn’t show prices for premium gas, which would have been nice.

The Car Finder feature on the Audi Connect iphone app does not always register the car’s location when leaving the vehicle, something I’ve noticed for months.

Once, the MIL came on (and quickly went off) just as I was setting the cruise control. I don’t know if this is related to the fact that I was climbing a hill and accelerating. I’ll be interested to see what the diagnostic code was when I bring the car in for its 5,000 service.

Oil consumption after 5,000 miles was zero (measured when the engine is warm) or a little less than 1/2 quart (measured cold). This was quite a relief, as my former VW Passat drank oil the way I drink bourbon.

My trip computer overstates MPG by 8%, based on actual observed gas consumption.

Finally, and interestingly, we encountered just one Q3 during the entire trip!

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Hey There - welcome to the forum - sounds like we'll be looking forward to hearing more - hope WE provide you with a few things that you need/want as well -
Cheers on the bourbon - what's your fave ...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Roger. A different favorite every month or so. Currently, it's Noah's Mill.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Great info thanks for posting. Is your Q3 a 2016? Do you have Sport or regular seats? Great to hear the positive comments on the comfort...always hard to judge on a short test drive. I know I rarely see a Q3 in town despite the fact that there are a zillion Audis running around....not long on the market and in short supply to the local dealer last year explains it....mostly see Q5s.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2015 Q3 Prestige. Regular seats.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Thanks, Roger. A different favorite every month or so. Currently, it's Noah's Mill.
Nice, I've just tried Angel's Envy for the first time and am impressed - perhaps we can trade more notes over in the off-topic section - create a Bourbon thread :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts