Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try to remove the fake cigarette lighter in the rear of the console?? Mine came apart. I am sure they will replace it but just wondering if the part moulding was bad. It is marked as made in China.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just went down to check mine, it did not fall apart when I pulled it out but did have the inscription, "Audi China." The shame that it is, the reality is that the western manufacturing base has moved to China. Germany is no exception.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Anyone try to remove the fake cigarette lighter in the rear of the console?? Mine came apart. I am sure they will replace it but just wondering if the part moulding was bad. It is marked as made in China.
Mine's fine, my TT and S5 are from China too and they're ok, even at 6 years old ... must just be a faulty one, as you surmise.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mine's OK, I use it to charge cell phones because I have a radar detector in the front one. I will say, the usb charger I have plugged in there does seem to work its way loose every couple of weeks.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The parts guy tells me that he has to speak to the manager before he orders me a new one. Why?. It costs $30, yes thirty dollars for a plastic fake cigar lighter. And the new labor rate is $148/hour . Canada. Luckily, if the high costs gives me a heart attack I have free health care.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The parts guy tells me that he has to speak to the manager before he orders me a new one. Why?. It costs $30, yes thirty dollars for a plastic fake cigar lighter. And the new labor rate is $148/hour . Canada. Luckily, if the high costs gives me a heart attack I have free health care.
!!! Wow !!! Fake + Made in China + $30? That's the price to make you go away. I once called Sony because I lost a rubber foot on a laptop and they told me making the wobble go away would cost me $50. Last Sony product I bought, purely on the principle of it, seriously have not bought anything made by Sony since that happened in the late 90's. Hopefully your Audi dealer dug into their random parts box (you know they have one) and found a suitable replacement.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still waiting for the call. With the recall out now I will add this to their work order. A drop of epoxy fixes it quick.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If worse comes to worse you can always buy a real lighter and put that in, should be able to pick one up cheap... If you have a junk yard nearby stop in there and they may give you one for free for the privilege of being able to tell the story of the guy in the Audi who stopped in looking for a lighter... Then again they may see the Audi and want to charge you $50!!!!:eek:

Reactions: boblepp
1 - 9 of 9 Posts