Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from an old thread from 2019, I'm having the same struggle with our 2016 Q3 Prestige Elite, I found the little kind of diamond shaped 4"x4" black panels that pop out below each light fixture, but do not see the screw up above, and not clear on whether it's T25 like some say or Phillips. I'm going to look again now with a powerful light.
I should be able to reach that screw through that access hole right, with a long enough driver??
Getting the black cover off is easy, fortunately.
THANKS

Here's the old post:
Resurrecting an old post. I've just tried to replace the off-side (right in UK) rear bumper indicator bulb.

Popping off the screw cover under the lights is easy if you follow the instructions in the manual (push the lower part inwards and lever out the top bit to make it come off).

Finding the light unit retaining screw is a complete nightmare. It is located above the left-most side of the panel. I guess the right-most side on the rear left light unit. It is a LONG way up. You will need a strong torch to see it. Now you've found it, please note that the screw-driver in the Audi supplied toolkit DOES NOT REACH IT. The manual says to use it. Don't bother. Use it as a guide to find a screwdriver that's at least another inch (2.5cm) longer.

Once you've loosened the screw the real fun begins. You have to pull out the light unit. After almost 2 hours I gave up. Mine just would not budge. I tried to lever it out with a screwdriver and simply broke bits of the lens plastic. I tried suction cups but it still wouldn't move.

Is there a trick I don't know about? It seems awfully difficult just to replace a blown bulb and I'm NOT going to get someone to do it for me. It should be a user serviceable part and the instructions should be good enough for any eejit to carry out the work.
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Tire Car Grille

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

1 - 1 of 1 Posts