Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let people know...If you think those rubber things they call windshield wipers are a poor excuse for a wiper CARID has two replacements for them. I got the max force ones and they work pretty well. A little expensive though

·
Registered
603 Posts
How expensive are we talking? Do you find that they actually work a lot better than the stock ones?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
All I can say is that my stock wiper blades are fine - in fact, I have been pretty happy with ALL the wipers on my Audis for the past decade (4 cars) and am not sure where "a poor excuse for a wiper" really comes from ...

·
Registered
262 Posts
All I can say is that my stock wiper blades are fine - in fact, I have been pretty happy with ALL the wipers on my Audis for the past decade (4 cars) and am not sure where "a poor excuse for a wiper" really comes from ...
Ditto except substitute "2 years" for "decade" and "(2 cars)" for "(4 Cars)":)

·
Registered
914 Posts
You guys might also want to consider buying rainx and applying a couple layers to your windshield as that will help the wiper work better

·
Registered
300 Posts
You guys might also want to consider buying rainx and applying a couple layers to your windshield as that will help the wiper work better
Strangely, the manual states that rain coatings should not be applied as it affects the auto wiper function in some unstated way. I guess the sensor depends on droplets staying on the glass for a period. And it does not say just around the mirror sensor.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Strangely, the manual states that rain coatings should not be applied as it affects the auto wiper function in some unstated way. I guess the sensor depends on droplets staying on the glass for a period. And it does not say just around the mirror sensor.
I had noticed the same warning in my A-5 manual so stayed away from the rain-x and started to use something called "Invisible glass" for cleaning the windows. It does a good job on cleaning the glass and also leaves a bit of Rain-x type repellency. The repellency does not last as long as Rain-x but cleaing the windows once a week it works fine for me. I have not had any issues with the rain sensor...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Use anything you like on the windscreen, just mask the small area with the sensor.

No probs.........

Personally I find the standard wipers (Bosch) and a clean windscreen perfect in all weathers so far...........will save my pennies.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Use anything you like on the windscreen, just mask the small area with the sensor.
You know I thought about that, if true why would they not phrase it that way? So then I wondered weather the coating lets more drops get blown up the glass and triggering more wipes..... maybe I am over thinking this one.

·
Registered
113 Posts
maybe I am over thinking this one.
Most likely.........:laugh:

Telling a customer to mask the area would imply Audi endorse the use of a finish such as Rain-X etc, they do not so they just say "no", which is easier than fighting a court case regarding an accident caused by a smeary windscreen due to improper use of said application.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wipers are about $50 for the pair. Here in New England the snow and ice are not a good match for the thin blades. That's the only reason I got new ones. I agree with the no Rain-X one of the reasons I bought the car was for the rain sensor like I had on my BMW. Glad some of you haven't had any problems with the wipers though

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had noticed the same warning in my A-5 manual so stayed away from the rain-x and started to use something called "Invisible glass" for cleaning the windows. It does a good job on cleaning the glass and also leaves a bit of Rain-x type repellency. The repellency does not last as long as Rain-x but cleaing the windows once a week it works fine for me. I have not had any issues with the rain sensor...
+1 for Invisible Glass. That stuff is fantastic.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My front wipers on the 2016 MY is fine, but I have problem with the rear wiper.

I'm not sure how to explain this to make sense. I noticed about 1" around the "arch" of the wipe does not get wipe no matter how much windshield fluid I use. The rear glass is clean if enough with dishier fluid is used except that 1".

Also, I prefer the front windshield fluid is more spread out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts