Audi Q3 Forum banner

RS Laptimer menu - boost - oil temp activation mod

17K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  mr-fix 
#1 ·
I have activated LAPTIMER function which comes together with oil temp indication and boost graph. If someone is interested in such mod here it is:

VCDS -17-INSTRUMENTS - adaptation 10 - roll down menu - laptimer - change "not active" to "active"

Please note "boost" strip may not work for gas engines - indicated by UK Q3 forum users.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Boost gauge works in my 2016 Q3 Premium Plus but doesn't seem to be showing actual boost. A red bar goes to about half when just slightly accelerating and doesn't go much higher at full throttle. It jumps up immediately with no delay. Not sure what it is actually showing.

Also oil temp is still showing "---" after about 20 minutes of driving. Just how long does it take to get hot enough to start showing? I'm wondering if mine is working.

-Andy

#7 ·
Update on the Lap Counter menu.

After 35 minutes of driving I still don't have oil temp showing. This must not be working on 2016 models. Anyone else have this working? There might be another option that needs to be selected on mine.

Also, the "Boost Gauge" was not enabled on mine so here is the code if anyone else has the same issue:

[17 - Instruments]
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel - boost_pressure
Set to "on"

-Andy

#8 ·
My oil temp on the 2016 has never worked either. I have poked around a bit and have never found anything to be able to activate it. I have not coded the boost pressure yet.

#10 ·
I have Audi Q3 2012 but i cannot find the bit to activate this. Can anyone help ?

It looks like you're in the wrong section. It's in [17 - Instruments] ->[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel - Lap counter

It's a drop down menu, once you select the Lap counter channel, you can then set the value to "on".

If your boost pressure gauge does not show at the top of the display in your DIS, then you may have to active it by also selecting boost_pressure channel in the same section.

-Andy

#12 · (Edited)
I was looking at the bottom screen shot where it has the byte options shown. That is the wrong place. The ones above that look slightly different than mine. Not sure what to say. Do you have the latest version of VCDS? What options are on your Q3 - tech pack etc. Maybe this only works on later models.

#13 ·
I think that it is quite likely that it is not available on MY 2102. Most of the Vagcom mods listed here are only tested with the North American models 2015 & 2016.

#14 ·
I have a 2012 model Q3 2.0 TDi with retrofitted Color intrument cluster and enabled Lap timer. Oil and Boost works ok, so it has to do only with instrument cluster and not car I think.

I know that on color instrument clusters, if Lap Timer can't be enabled, it has to do with firmware. Update it andthen can be enabled.

Boost on idle, is on the middle to all of you that have enabled?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.