Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2016 Audi q3 Quattro.. it is the basic AWD model. I have seen some q3's with the sequential turn signals like you might see on some newer models of Ford mustangs.. Is this something that can be modded to work on my car or is it something that only comes with the upgraded model with navigation and premium sound?

Being that they are LED's I figure it is programmable but the dealership I bought it from at the time had no knowledge of the sequential lights existing..

Another question is based on the vehicle itself it seems like navigation is just a software program that needs to be installed onto the cars CPU based on the nav buttons already in place on the steering wheel and center media system is located. is that also something that can be done or is it a whole new dash system including hardware that needs to be installed..

Thank You!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I thought all Q3s came with them. They do look awesome and I love it!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I thought all Q3s came with them. They do look awesome and I love it!
The dynamic turn signals are only available on the Prestige package.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The dynamic turn signals are only available on the Prestige package.

Ahh makes sense now. Everyone should get Prestige!

Reactions: Q3User

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
If you search this forum I think you'll find more discussion on this - my recollection is that you need BOTH new lamps at the back AND a new J519 (Central Electronics Module) in order to code it for the new lamps - prolly at least one new wire to each lamps too ...

As for Nav via simple programming - nice try, but there's actually a new module (USD2K) and screen (USD800) needed for this to work with new software ...

·
Registered
451 Posts
I own a 2016 Audi q3 Quattro.. it is the basic AWD model. I have seen some q3's with the sequential turn signals like you might see on some newer models of Ford mustangs.. Is this something that can be modded to work on my car or is it something that only comes with the upgraded model with navigation and premium sound?

Being that they are LED's I figure it is programmable but the dealership I bought it from at the time had no knowledge of the sequential lights existing..

Another question is based on the vehicle itself it seems like navigation is just a software program that needs to be installed onto the cars CPU based on the nav buttons already in place on the steering wheel and center media system is located. is that also something that can be done or is it a whole new dash system including hardware that needs to be installed..

Thank You!
There are aftermarket gps kits that will work with the steering wheel controls as OEM.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I know everyone is different and most here love to Mod. But...the jump between models is not that much for much more content. Why not just get all the content you want?
It seems so many drivers here compromise on trim level ostensibly to save money but then spend time and money adding something that is never as integrated as OEM. But...this is just my bias speaking, along with the Tamiflu medicine, I just hate to see buyers disappointment as missing out on cool features and tech.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I know everyone is different and most here love to Mod. But...the jump between models is not that much for much more content. Why not just get all the content you want?
It seems so many drivers here compromise on trim level ostensibly to save money but then spend time and money adding something that is never as integrated as OEM. But...this is just my bias speaking, along with the Tamiflu medicine, I just hate to see buyers disappointment as missing out on cool features and tech.
...ah, it's always the drugs - isn't it? >:D
For me if it's NOT the drugs, then it must be my age ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts