Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audi product literature seems to say two different things about the Q3's spark plug replacement interval:

35,000 miles ("all vehicles with the 4.0L V8 TFSI, A8 W12, all vehicles with 2.0L TFSI (except Flex Fuel engines)." Source: 2015 MY Scheduled Maintenance Intervals.

55,000 miles: "Replace (only: A3 with the 1.8l TFSI, Audi Q3, and all vehicles with the 3.0l V6 TFSI, 4.2l V8 FSI & 5.2l FSI engines." Source: 2015 Audi Models USA Warranty & Maintenance, page 23.

Which is correct?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Good catch - I'd say this is a question for Audi, since most us can NOT or should NOT speak for them anyway - but, if you follow the 35K recommendation, you're only out a set of plugs ($50) if wrong and it's the more rigorous maintenance schedule ...so can't hurt -

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Roger -- I'll ask Audi. I was trying to determine if Audi Care was worthwhile and I thought spark plug replacement might swing it one way or the other. Believe it or not, my otherwise terrific dealership quoted $360 for spark plug replacement!

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Thanks, Roger -- I'll ask Audi. I was trying to determine if Audi Care was worthwhile and I thought spark plug replacement might swing it one way or the other. Believe it or not, my otherwise terrific dealership quoted $360 for spark plug replacement!
Plugs are no longer cheap like they used to be with nickel and other exotic alloys, but they ain't no $50 a whack either. Your dealer is prolly quoting new coils too, which I imagine are part of the 35K service, amongst a few other things too...

·
Registered
914 Posts
That's what I have noticed and I can imagine that the uninformed consumer might be encouraged to change coils when they might not need to, and from previous experience I noticed that coils don't need to be changed that often.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was on the fence on whether to purchase the Audi Care package or not also. I ended up taking it because when I brought the car in for the 5,000 mile oil change that was the last instance I could have signed up and also the salesperson told me I would save about $1,000 with the plan. Additionally, the cost for the package recently went down to $829 (I believe). It also provides some piece of mind as I am not certain I want some non-Audi mechanic working on my car the first few years.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, RKM. I'm still undecided as I live around the corner from EuroWerks, a top-notch independent VW/Audi repair facility in Northern Virginia that serviced my VW for 10 years.

Incidentally, for those who may still be thinking of buying Audi Care, it seems that one may purchase the plan ever later. According to the Audi Care brochure,

"Audi Care may be purchased at the full MSRP at the initial sale or lease of an eligible vehicle, or at a later date. A later
purchase will not, however, allow you to roll the cost into your monthly payment. Service intervals that have already
been performed will not be prorated. To receive the full cost-savings benefits of Audi Care, it is highly recommended
that you purchase the plan at the time you purchase or lease your vehicle, or before the 15,000-mile service interval."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts