Audi Q3 Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Rokutman is correct - I'm just glad he helped find the stuff I already posted so I wouldn't have to ;-)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Okay guys...some thoughts about the Sprintbooster... Since it amplifies the throttle signal does that mean you only drive in drive mode with the sprint booster? I just thought if you drove in dynamic mode with the sprint booster red maybe it would be too jerkey?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
You can drive in any mode with SprintBooster - it still just does it's own thing. I use red ALL the time and hardly now find any need to use Sport mode with it. With Sport mode though it gets VERY aggressive, although I wouldn't characterize it as jerky ...

·
Registered
119 Posts
You can drive in any mode with SprintBooster - it still just does it's own thing. I use red ALL the time and hardly now find any need to use Sport mode with it. With Sport mode though it gets VERY aggressive, although I wouldn't characterize it as jerky ...

I too have found the "red" stage to be my favorite, even my wife likes the throttle responsiveness. When I want to be aggressive I just slip the tranny into Sport.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well my Sprint Booster will arrive today so I'll be attempting this mod in the near future. Not sure why it is that anything I order that requires installation work seems to arrive on Monday so I have to do it after work or wait days for the next weekend while I'm dying with anticipation to get 'er done.

In any case in reviewing the wonderful installation instructions Roger provided I notice one area that caused an issue for another member and I too was unclear what was being described here.

Roger can you please confirm what is meant by the "red flag" in the sentence below. I see a red plastic piece in the picture but am unsure if you mean simply to pull that entire part up (directionally away from the pins at the bottom of the part) on the red part or something else. I'd prefer not to break anything in the process of installing :)

"To unplug - pull the red flag back (away from plug) so that you can lift the tab off the locking pin and slide back - off."

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
The red "flag" is actually a little block that slides back so you can push the unlocking tab on the the plugs so that you can unplug them. I suppose in thinking about it, they could've translated this better since 'red flag' has a different connotation to us, but almost every electrical plug set on the car has some sort of locking device - some just the push tab - to keep them together. Once you take a close look at it, you'll see what they mean...btw, mine is more orange than red - take a look at my pics -

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks. Hopefully this will become obvious once I'm contortioned into that area of the car. I do agree the tab looks more orange in your picture. I knew that's the part you were referring to but the "red flag" description didn't make any sense. The last thing I want is any "red flags" when I'm working on my car! As you note, bad connotation.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ok the Sprint Booster is installed. The only hard part was getting the gas pedal off the plastic pegs in the floor. It required a lot of tugging and I tried using a screw driver under it for leverage...finally got it off the pegs and it did break off one bit of plastic in the process. I'm wondering if there's a tool that is typically used for this that would avoid the breakage? In any case it doesn't appear to have any negative impact on the function of the pedal now that it's securely reinstalled with the sprint booster in line. Now I just need the right weather/road conditions to run some test. Perhaps it will stop raining and snowing long enough this weekend to get out and do that. Report to follow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear John, you do not need to remove the plastig begs to install it, just remove the original sensor cable and install. At least this was what I did, I did not tried to remove the gas pedal because I was afraid of breaking the plastic. This is a great add, it does not adds power but the impression is that it really increase it beacuse of the quickier response. Today I installed the racechip ultimate, and men, this really rock! +53Hp and a lot more torque. Here in Brasil, the Q3 comes with 3 versions, 1.4 with 150hp, 2.0 with 180 and 211HP, my car is the 180Hp version, now with racechip it's a 233Hp beast! More, more, more fun to drive! Highly recommended!
Sorry for my poor english, this is my first Q3, I had an A4 before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As for the sprint, I use it green, red only when I want an agressive riding, but for everyday use the green is just fine. The Q3 with red sprintbuster, racechip ultimate, sport mode and ESC totally off (3 seconds push) is just a beast!!!

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
This looks very similar to the PedalBox version I have on my R8 - functions the same as SprintBooster but with more settings. The fine tuning is good for the R8, but imho not necessary for the Q3 - but anyway, take you choice - I think you'll be pleased with its effects ...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Roger!

I think the same, that is a "more detailed" version of the SprintBooster, but post here to know if anybody have a first hand experience with it ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just installed the SprintBooster version 3 this weekend. Very satisfied with what it does. I agree with Roger - Instant gratification. It seems like I just got a new V6 car and more.
I used part number T10238 to remove the gas pedal easily from the floor.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts