Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed when doing a couple of other Vagcom mods that there a few settings for Start\stop that are not on. Does anyone know if it is possible to turn on this feature on the US models? From what I remember I think that there were about 3 spots that I saw Start\Stop referenced in Vagcom. There was a card in the paperwork that came with the car warning that it was a Start\stop vehicle.

·
Registered
603 Posts
What kind of options are you speaking of? I just assumed that the start/stop basically can be on or off, what else would you be able to control?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was something about instrumentation if I remember correctly. I'll look again later this evening when my wife gets home with the car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe the sweeping dash gauge needles when you start the car? I know some of the sportier S and RS Audis do that.
I think it was more to do with an indicator on the dash to let you know that the start\stop is engaged and that the engine didn't just quit.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
gmharle - where are you from? As far as I know, NO Q3s so far bound for the US at least and perhaps Canada too, have Start/Stop on them. It's very common in the RoW but not here yet. There are a few bits of additional hardware/equipment besides software coding to make this work and there would be a button on your console to turn it in or off at the macro-level, and there IS a green in-dash indicator when on -

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am in Maryland. The only reason that I was asking is because I had the card in the photos below in the paperwork with the car and when I saw the settings when doing some other Vagcom mods I thought that it may be available. I wasn't sure if it was only coding or needed other bits to work. I am not sure that it is something that I really want. I just thought that it would be something that I would try to see how it works.

Start Front.jpg

Start Back.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I am in Maryland. The only reason that I was asking is because I had the card in the photos below in the paperwork with the car and when I saw the settings when doing some other Vagcom mods I thought that it may be available. I wasn't sure if it was only coding or needed other bits to work. I am not sure that it is something that I really want. I just thought that it would be something that I would try to see how it works.

View attachment 2218

View attachment 2226

Me thinks that card appeared in your Q3 paperwork by accident ...
Do you have a button on your console with that logo - the circle around an A with an arrow at the end ? Or a green light on your dash that lights for a second (self-test) when starting the car. If neither, I'd be CERTAIN the card was included as a mistake...

So far in the US, only the A6 & A7 (3.0T & TDI), A8 (3.0, 4.0T & TDI) and the Q5 (3.0 & TDI) have this feature -

·
Registered
18 Posts
This feature was on the Q3 I test drove (and I did try it out with the assistance of the ABS), is supposed to be on the one I purchased as well...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't have any button or light during the test cycle. I agree that the card was likely in there by mistake.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
This feature was on the Q3 I test drove (and I did try it out with the assistance of the ABS), is supposed to be on the one I purchased as well...
Then I am baffled as well as stand corrected - NO literature I have seen nor ANY Q3 I have seen or driven (at least 3-4 produced in June of THIS year) have it ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts