Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Great forum. I am still doing research on what I want to move on to, and even when, but the Q3 is likely to be my next vehicle. I've had all manners of cars over the years...even sometimes buying and selling and buying another car in the same year. :eek:

Fortunately I have mellowed out and had the same great car for the past seven years--an Infiniti G37S Coupe (08).

I love sporty cars, but my circumstances and needs are changing, so I need something that can move more people and gear, and regular visits up to Lake Tahoe in Northern California.

I like the Q3 because it represents great looks, reputation, value, and refinement. It's not a mini-van, and it looks a bit...tough? It's no Jeep Grand Cherokee, but the Q3 also didn't just have a massive recall... ;)

Anyway, I have been looking at the A3 Sportback and the Q3. The A3 sportback is on a newer platform and people love that thing...but where is it?! Nothing but rumors and articles from 2014. The Q3 is on an older platform and the interior isn't quite as nice and updated as the A3...but the exterior is far nice to me. But I am a big interior guy...after all, it's where we spend the bulk of our time.

This looks like a great community and I can't wait to learn more about the Q3.

·
Registered
12 Posts
With its nimble performance and versatile cargo carrying capability, the Audi Q3 can take you on new adventures all over town. I just love this car bro!!

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
First, welcome to the forum, glad you're using us for your due diligence. We're prolly biased though as most folks here already chose the Q3, but I'm also sure we'll be honest too. I wouldn't be all that concerned about the platform - the MQB that's coming is just the next iteration or progress towards more modular (different model) use across VAG. There'll be improvements to weight, NVH, and stiffness to be sure, but the current car is very good. As for the A3 Avant or sport back, there's no view to it in the U.S. just yet, since the Q fills most folks' need in this range. I think it will come in very limited RS3 form though...

·
Registered
914 Posts
With its nimble performance and versatile cargo carrying capability, the Audi Q3 can take you on new adventures all over town. I just love this car bro!!
Do you just stay within city limits or do you also go on what's considered to be "off-road terrain"?

I know some people who have cottages usually run into that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you just stay within city limits or do you also go on what's considered to be "off-road terrain"?

I know some people who have cottages usually run into that.
I would love to go off terrain but only if I was in an open area. Otherwise, I maintain my limits on the road to protect myself and others as well! 0:)

·
Registered
200 Posts
The only A3 Sportback we'll be getting is the e-tron plugin hybrid. I'm not sure what the cost will be but, if you have the ability to install a fast charger where you live and don't mind not having quattro, it looks really compelling.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
The only A3 Sportback we'll be getting is the e-tron plugin hybrid. I'm not sure what the cost will be but, if you have the ability to install a fast charger where you live and don't mind not having quattro, it looks really compelling.

Ah, but there's a rumor of an RS3 sedan for us ... >:D

·
Registered
135 Posts
I heard that we are definitely getting the RS3 sedan.

the rumor is the gauge option for that car. rumor is that we will get the option for VCM gauges by Nvidia.
the Tegra mobile processors and that it may start with the RS3.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts