Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buenos Diaz <-- that's about the extent of my Spanish.

Hello from New Mexico, I've been a member for a few weeks just observing different conversations and learning more about the car.

Like most here, I've been excited about it for a while now and quickly placed an order with a nearby dealer once it was released. I put my deposit down on August 29 and was told that a custom order would take approx. three months.

Apparently the dealer wasn't able to get an allocation because they informed me in November (after I'd gone weeks without information or an answer to my calls/texts) that my order hadn't moved at all. I finally received an email on Dec 12 that the car was built, but the latest info from the general manager is that the car isn't scheduled for delivery until 23 Feb. Supposedly it's being "expedited" but doesn't seem that way to me, especially since it will be close to six months if the delivery date is accurate.

I'm frustrated and starting to doubt if I want to continue with this order. I'm an avid skier and was purchasing the car for ski trips to Colorado -- which I've now canceled and rescheduled because of the delays with the car.

I'm curious how long others have waiting/been waiting. Seems like most waited 2-4 months.

Any advice? Recommendations?

Oh yeah, it's glacier white, grey interior and a sport package.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yikes - that's really, really frustrating! I got off pretty easily with an October 9 - December 26, order - delivery turn around but the process wasn't without its complications and miscommunications. There are some fine folks on this forum who will almost certainly be able to help out, though and I can definitely say that it's worth sticking in there as the car is really fantastic and an absolute blast to own so far!

Oh yeah: welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
262 Posts
First off welcome!!! Ours was ordered on October 2nd and we picked it up from the dealer last Saturday January 10th. I wonder when your dealer actually placed the order? Our dealer spent about a week trying to come up with what we wanted but then when it became obvious our wants we not out there he placed the actual order, that is the Oct 2nd date... Maybe you dealer spent more than a week looking and hoping to find one????

·
Registered
451 Posts
We placed our order on Aug 30th and the dealer said two months.

Q3 was delivered on Dec 22nd. Therefore almost 4 months.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
First - welcome to the forum - I think you'll find this a pretty cool, if not the best Q3 forum out there - with lots of good stuff and knowledgeable hungry-for-more folks. My Q3 was ordered on 25 July (first day available to) and was delivered on 24 November - Lots of allocations got in the way of many new car oreders, and early August wasn't a really good time in Martorell either...

·
Registered
53 Posts
After reading this thread, I am realizing my one week wait was not bad. When we went to the dealership, they had a car being shipped and delivered in a week and no one pre-purchased it. We just took that car. Of course, it didn't have all of the options we were looking for, so it was a bit of a compromise. At least we didn't wait too long.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I placed my order on Oct 22nd and got it on Jan 5th. Could have gotten it a week earlier but was on vacation. However mine was not a custom order. The car was already in the "pipeline" and was allocated to my dealer. It just wasn't built yet, so I was able to customize it. My dealer did warn me that if I went full custom order it would take 4-6 months.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine took over 4 months as well, almost 2 months after the original date. You can open a complain with AoA, they wont expedite the order, but will give you some free stuff, I got an Audi watch, free windows tint and the cargo mat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts