Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,
Has anyone come up with a good place to store CD's? Our Q3 is basically my wife's car and yesterday she mentioned that CD's do not fit in the center counsel (I was suprised/disappointed when I heard that)... I know the the second obvious choice would be the glove box but I was hoping for something a little more accessable from the drivers seat. I know your probably thinking MP3 SD card but hey I'm getting old and stuck in my ways and I still like CD's (yup still listen to Vinyl too) and are hoping that some of you can help me out with some good ideas!!!

Thanks in advanvce!!!:)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Really?

What's in your centre console?

I fit them in mine (I even have the bluetooth low phone cradle in there)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely nothing, My wife was saying that the CD cases do not fit in the space!!!
Maybe I should check this out for myself when I get home from work this PM...

Thank you for the quick reply!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Things I do.... :D

(Not sure I'd bother with "Bluetooth Low" again).

(There is also a Chromecast+HMDI>AV convertor in there under the cradle)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks CocoPops!!!

I will check this out as soon as I get home from work!!!!

I apologize in advance for bothering everyone with this one!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks CocoPops!!!

I will check this out as soon as I get home from work!!!!

I apologize in advance for bothering everyone with this one!!!
Not a problem.

It's what communities do right? :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do you have the jukebox function? I don't know if that is standard or what.. I think my wife saved one CD in there and it worked but I don't know a ton about its functionality when it comes to playback...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have the jukebox function? I don't know if that is standard or what.. I think my wife saved one CD in there and it worked but I don't know a ton about its functionality when it comes to playback...
No, I havent tried that yet but thats good too!!!
I have the jukebox on my A5 but could never get it to copy CD's so never used it...

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I took my "car favorite" CDs and ripped them to the jukebox, it works great and holds tons of music, it would be a lot of work to actually fill that thing up. I find comfort knowing Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac are always available.

What I do most though is stream from my phone where I can have whatever my mood dictates. The Audi app is kind of interesting if you are in the mood for a global experience. I also use Downcast and the app from my favorite local radio station from my phone. I used HD radio the other day for the first time. I rarely use Sirius.

I've never had a car with so many ways to get sound to the speakers. Lots of options.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My BMW 330 convertible has very limited cabin storage space. The zippered case in which I keep my CDs containing MP3 music files and my regular audio CDs is not tiny.
So, I put my CD case in the pocket behind the front passenger seat. It is very easy to get to for the few times that I actually need it and it stays put.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Wow - CDs - I ripped about 900 or so back in 2007 and every once in awhile since, but don't carry them anywhere anymore - they're like 8-tracks to me - shoot, now I just listen to my exhaust or use playlists on my iPhone when driving ...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow - CDs - I ripped about 900 or so back in 2007 and every once in awhile since, but don't carry them anywhere anymore - they're like 8-tracks to me - shoot, now I just listen to my exhaust or use playlists on my iPhone when driving ...
Yeah, like I mentioned earlier I guess I'm getting old and stuck in my ways...!!:)

Thanks for the help everyone!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Same problem here, wife says the CDs don't fit....................:laugh:

·
Registered
89 Posts
They fit nicely in the door pocket. I keep a few there myself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
CocoPops - Do you use Chromecast with your MMI? If so, what parts are needed?
Some YouTube videos show MMI Cable (RCA) and a HDMI / RCA converter. I assume the Chromecast to the Converter, and a dual miniUSB cable for powering the converter and Chromecast. Does this setup work? (Don't really care about VIM since I'm thinking of only using while parked)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Speaking of storage I found a tray that fits the console so you don't have to throw everything in it willy nilly. Very inexpensive too. PM me if you want the info

1 - 17 of 17 Posts