Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my B5 S4 I was able to swap the driver side 'oh ****' bar with a sunglass holder from a vw beetle and it worked great. Anyone know if something similar can be done for the Q3? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Beats the heck out of me but I like the idea!!!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
That is a clever work around, I have never seen that before.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
In my B5 S4 I was able to swap the driver side 'oh ****' bar with a sunglass holder from a vw beetle and it worked great. Anyone know if something similar can be done for the Q3? Thanks!
I don't know why the very same holder won't fit - they're quite likely the same P/N for most/all of VAG except for colors ...

·
Registered
302 Posts
That is a clever work around, I have never seen that before.
Hahaha, if you think you're having trouble operating the Homelink in its Q3 location, wait until you fumble for your glasses from that position while doing 75 on the interstate.....:p

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahaha, if you think you're having trouble operating the Homelink in its Q3 location, wait until you fumble for your glasses from that position while doing 75 on the interstate.....:p
It's actually very easy to access without looking at it, just pull down and grab glasses...preferably while stationary :)

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Man, I might go measure the wheelbase of the BMW handle compared with Audi's - could be an amazing German conspiracy to be the same >:D
Check out the price compared to a Chevy though - it figures !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-EUROPEAN-BMW-SUNGLASSES-HOLDER-TRAY-GRAB-HANDLE-E60-E61-E82-E90-E91-E92-/190906397515?hash=item2c72e8734b&vxp=mtr
Holy &^[email protected]%$$ Batman.

That's nuts for the price difference. If you're really interested let me know and I'll measure my Cruze's eyeglass holder wheelbase as you never know.

·
Registered
302 Posts
It's actually very easy to access without looking at it, just pull down and grab glasses...preferably while stationary :)
Yea, I'm sure it is very easy for those of you who just put on dark glasses, but for those of us who now have to fumble through swapping one pair of glasses for tinted glasses, or vice-versa, I'm afraid the wonderful blind-spot monitoring system would not be enough to keep us from changing a lane or two on the interstate.....>:D

·
Registered
451 Posts
With all this eye glass talk. You do realize that there's an eye glass case holder built in on the lower left end of the dash.

·
Registered
302 Posts
With all this eye glass talk. You do realize that there's an eye glass case holder built in on the lower left end of the dash.
Yup, that's where my wife keeps her glasses.

Trouble is, the glasses case was too large to fit, so she lined the little cubby with felt and now places her glasses there without the case.

(She originally tried placing her glasses in the little drawer under the seat, but found that standing our her head to retrieve them might look a little odd to the drivers around her...:p )

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yup, that's where my wife keeps her glasses.

Trouble is, the glasses case was too large to fit, so she lined the little cubby with felt and now places her glasses there without the case.

(She originally tried placing her glasses in the little drawer under the seat, but found that standing our her head to retrieve them might look a little odd to the drivers around her...:p )
I'm pretty sure that the eye glass holder has some sort of felt in it.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
It is finished with a spray flock that leaves the surface kinda felty, just like the inside of the console, the cubbies under the seats and the linings on the door pockets ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts