Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to open the sunroof for the first time today and it doesnt open, not does the tilt function work either. I slide the buttons and I see and hear nothing.

Anyone else experience this problem?

On a funny note, my sales rep. says he had it open when he drove the car to me for delivery....hoping I am not missing some lock feature or something that is stopping it from opening.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Are you sure you got the right button - you could be trying to open or close the screen which may already be ...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey roger, sup.

I'm definitely sliding and tilting the button. The buttons for the sunshade lie to the left and right of the sliding switch (which sits in the middle and is the part I'm trying to use to open the sunroof).

Wonder if the homelink has anything to do with it. Who knows if my homelink was port added.

: )

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Hey roger, sup.

I'm definitely sliding and tilting the button. The buttons for the sunshade lie to the left and right of the sliding switch (which sits in the middle and is the part I'm trying to use to open the sunroof).

Wonder if the homelink has anything to do with it. Who knows if my homelink was port added.

: )
Sorry - I agree with the thinking on the HomeLink PIO. They may have left the plug off the switch when putting back the overhead console, but that doesn't explain the salesperson using it ... Or perhaps his use knocked an otherwise loose plug completely off...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Sounds like something you should bring to the attention of your dealer. Have you contacted him yet?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I tried to open the sunroof for the first time today and it doesnt open, not does the tilt function work either. I slide the buttons and I see and hear nothing.

Anyone else experience this problem?

On a funny note, my sales rep. says he had it open when he drove the car to me for delivery....hoping I am not missing some lock feature or something that is stopping it from opening.
Did the dealer have it indoors right before he brought it to you? Is it now below 20F? Manual warns it will not open below 20 or -4C. Does it open with the physical key? Mine opens and closes when you hold the key rotated. It is on its own fuse so that may have blown.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Did the dealer have it indoors right before he brought it to you? Is it now below 20F? Manual warns it will not open below 20 or -4C. Does it open with the physical key? Mine opens and closes when you hold the key rotated. It is on its own fuse so that may have blown.
Key??? What Key???

"we don't need no stinkin key".

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I double checked it again today, with temps in the 50's and it doesn't open.

I did make an appointment with Audi to have it looked at.

I'm thinking the sales rep must have confused my car with another car...how could it have worked for him and now not for me?

boblepp, I don't understand what you mean by holding the key rotated???

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
He means physically in the doorlock rotated to lock (right) and hold. After about 10-15 seconds, the sunroof and windows will close (this can be set and unset as a comfort setting in VCDS) ... Ditto holding the lock button on your key fob.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I double checked it again today, with temps in the 50's and it doesn't open.

I did make an appointment with Audi to have it looked at.

I'm thinking the sales rep must have confused my car with another car...how could it have worked for him and now not for me?

boblepp, I don't understand what you mean by holding the key rotated???
It may have blown a fuse closing up.
Using the old fashioned key in the old fashioned keyhole... A quick rotation and release just locks or unlocks the doors, but if you hold the key rotated for a couple seconds it then opens all windows and the sunroof, or closes them. Try it?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
...although I will note that this 'comfort setting' for the key and doorlock MAY be pre-coded for Canada and NOT the US ( I coded mine). While our NAR cars are virtually (there are a few physical differences) the same, there are a few more coding differences ...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tried putting the key in the door lock and hold it, and sure enough the tilt opened, but the sunroof wouldn't open. Not sure what this means but thinking its probably related to port install on HomeLink.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Well at least it proved half the mechanism works. It would be interesting to hear what they eventually find as the cause.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Problem Resolved - I took the car to the dealership today, and as I suspected, when the port installed HomeLink was done, they left a wire unconnected. It was a quick fix. Sunroof is now working as designed.
at least it was as simple as that
and that's something i always keep in mind when it comes to diagnosing an issue, always start with the easiest most common thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts