Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Q3 Prestige, and I'm still getting accustomed to the MMI and getting things setup, but I've run in to a couple of issues.

I keep getting an error trying to set the key user. I've already gone through and had my agreement approved by the dealer, I have the myAudi app, Prime and Plus are Active (6 month trial), so I think I have everything covered (not that all of those are necessary). I scratched off the thing on the key attachment to get my 10 character code, but when I try to set the key user, I am getting this error:

Setting the key user has failed.
A connection error occurred. Please try again.

So I contacted the online chat, and the person I talked to there said the Q3 doesn't support this feature. Can anyone confirm or deny that? The salesman I bought the car from said it should work, but he also said I could connect Android Auto wireless (which you can't do) and would have a CD player (which it doesn't), so he has been wrong before.

If it does work, anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I saw and signed in to Alexa previously, but now it is gone from the User menu. I think it was because I didn't finish the setup at the time, and now I have no clue how to get it to reappear to set that up. It's not like I absolutely need it, but if I have it, it would be fun to use.

Finally, can anyone tell me the secret to getting Voice Commands to work to play music? I have an SD Card with all my music on it. If I tell it to "Play the album NAME by ARTIST" (inserting whatever I am looking to play), all it does is load the first 4 albums in the list of all of the albums and asks me to pick a number. Playing an artist, song, etc., none of that works either. I can switch radio stations, no problem, but it seems like any voice command related to playing media from my SD Card does not work at all. Even at some points, I ask and then it takes me to a completely different search. I know I'm being pretty clear and concise when I speak, so I am not sure if it is my system, or if it just doesn't work properly.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2020 Q3 and had the same issue with not be able to set the key user. my saleswoman had tried to set it at the dealership & got the same error message. A few days later she talked to tech help desk & found out that Q3 do not have that feature. so the myaudi app on the phone will not work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts