Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the first Q3 on the road that wasn't mine... the white whale!!! I have been looking ever since I ordered mine in October...

So there is at least one other sucker in the north burbs of chicago..

·
Registered
603 Posts
LOL, parked next to her at the grocery store. I would always do that if we found another car of the same make when we were out. There is a special bond between owners of the same vehicle model.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I can just see the other guy/gal coming out and saying "WOW another Q3, they do exist!!!!"

Reactions: Quatto

·
Registered
914 Posts
LOl it's always awesome seeing more new cars like yours, only until they're way too common then it's like F***!! Too many! Not cool anymore!

·
Registered
134 Posts
LOL folks. My '06 A4 is a light gray; evidently a common color of the time. I can re-call one or two or maybe another occasion that I stood by the drivers door trying to un-lock it only to realize mine was a few vehicles over. Ouch!

·
Registered
451 Posts
LOL folks. My '06 A4 is a light gray; evidently a common color of the time. I can re-call one or two or maybe another occasion that I stood by the drivers door trying to un-lock it only to realize mine was a few vehicles over. Ouch!
I remember waaaaaay back, when two neighbors both had a 64 Chevy Impala, same color. One of the neighbor got into "his" car and it wouldn't start. He got into the other neighbors car.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Back in the 70s, this happened to me - driving a gray Honda Accord, you know, when they only came in Gray, Blue and Red for that year. I was coming out of a mall, hands sorta full, unlocked the car, got in, started it up, turned to back out, ready to move, looked around and started thinking about the mess 'my wife must've left about', then saw the Garfield stuck to the rear window - and froze.

I studied the car while sitting there idling, and realized to my dismay that this was NOT my car at all. I calmly shut it off and got out, locked it up and found my car just 2 places away and up a row. I took the car to the dealer the next day, and asked whassup? They told me 'hey, we made 50000 accords that year, in 3 colors, the only difference between them was transmission, 5-sp or Auto. Our keys that year had 10000 different combinations, so go figure - about 1 in 3 or so will match.'

I didn't even try to have the locks changed, just grinned and walked off - things are a bit different today ...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First day I took the Q3 out and went somewhere I parked in a somewhat smaller lot but was all alone with 2 open spots on either side..

I could see the car from the restaurant.. About 10 minutes after I got there a Q5 pulled up ... The driver slowed down a bit and looked at my car in either wonder or bewilderment.. Then they pulled in right next to me.. Even thou there were other spots that were closer to the sidewalk/restaurants.. 15 minutes later the Q5 was gone but now I had two Audis on either side of me.. I took a picture.. Sent it to the wife with a note "looks like they have accepted us into the club"...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts