Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Q3 for four days and I'm loving it overall. There are a few things that are bothering me though:
  • When you accelerate out of a stop, the Q3 has somewhat jerky/not very smooth shifting behavior. Once you get going, it's great, but the initial shifting out of a stop is strange.
  • Wind noise coming from the driver side window area when you are moving above 50mph or so. Almost sounds like the window isn't all the way up even though it is.
  • Mediocre standard sound system. I knew it wasn't going be like the Bang & Olufsen system but the standard one is pretty disappointing when it comes to playing music.
Has anyone had similar observations?

·
Registered
2 Posts
gb1919 - You are correct in that there is that hesitation when I step on the gas, my Mercedes was the same way. It took me a while to get used to it, my husband never did. I guess it is a German vehicle kind of thing. Anyway, on my 2020 Q3 that I've had for about a month, we also noticed that air sound on both sides of the vehicle, we checked to see if one of the windows was open, they were not. Still loving it. Lady Q.

·
Registered
13 Posts
regarding the jerky start, there was/is a documented issue which others call "kangarooing"
The UK forum has a good thread on it and it appears there is a fix

Nor sure if it is the same issue you are having but worth a read.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've had my Q3 for four days and I'm loving it overall. There are a few things that are bothering me though:
  • When you accelerate out of a stop, the Q3 has somewhat jerky/not very smooth shifting behavior. Once you get going, it's great, but the initial shifting out of a stop is strange.
  • Wind noise coming from the driver side window area when you are moving above 50mph or so. Almost sounds like the window isn't all the way up even though it is.
  • Mediocre standard sound system. I knew it wasn't going be like the Bang & Olufsen system but the standard one is pretty disappointing when it comes to playing music.
What year Q3 are you driving?

I've got a 2018 Q3 and I have the exact same wind noise problem. I had a 2015 Q3 and this problem didn't exist int he 2015 version.

I also had the B&O stereo in my 2015 Q3 and the sound quality was amazing. However, now in my 2018 Q3 they provide Bose as the upgraded stereo and I can honestly say its sounds very low quality (I'm an audiophile so I have a desire for very high quality sound).

I'm also very disappointed that it doesn't have memory seats. My 2015 and 2018 didn't have memory seats as an option, and I'm hearing the 2020 version doesn't have memory seats either. Really pathetic that Audi skipped this very simple and some-what standard feature in the Q3 line for the US.

·
Registered
9 Posts

I've got a 2018 Q3 and I have the exact same wind noise problem. I had a 2015 Q3 and this problem didn't exist int he 2015 version.

I also had the B&O stereo in my 2015 Q3 and the sound quality was amazing. However, now in my 2018 Q3 they provide Bose as the upgraded stereo and I can honestly say its sounds very low quality (I'm an audiophile so I have a desire for very high quality sound).

I'm also very disappointed that it doesn't have memory seats. My 2015 and 2018 didn't have memory seats as an option, and I'm hearing the 2020 version doesn't have memory seats either. Really pathetic that Audi skipped this very simple and some-what standard feature in the Q3 line for the US.

I have had no issues at all with wind noise and acceleration. Maybe disengage the engine energy gas saver, the hestiation should stop. I hardly keep it on or I jusat shut it off when driving. I have the upgrade Olaug radio that is well worth the extra $$$. Had my 2020 Q3 since Mid October and I am loving it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I have the 2020 Q3. I also wish it had memory seats but it doesn't bother me that much. Just seems like it should be a standard feature for an Audi.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have had no issues at all with wind noise and acceleration. Maybe disengage the engine energy gas saver, the hestiation should stop. I hardly keep it on or I jusat shut it off when driving. I have the upgrade Olaug radio that is well worth the extra $$$. Had my 2020 Q3 since Mid October and I am loving it.
Overall acceleration is good, it's just the shifting behavior when I accelerate out of a stop that is bothersome. The first two downshifts are kind of abrupt/jerky. Then everything is smooth after that. Still happens even when the start/stop feature is off. You don't experience that jerky shifting ever?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the first two issues you (OP) described. I have owned the Q3 since late December 2019 and the jerkiness from a stop was very prominent at the beginning and now seems to be only occasionally and less jerky; it could be that the vehicle hasn't been broken in yet; haven't driven it much in light of COVID. Noise from driver's side is annoying but can be masked if the radio volume is set at a certain volume. My Q3 was manufactured in Hungary; what about yours ? I can't be bothered to take it to the dealer right now but will do so at first oil change which isn't due until this December. Have you addressed these issues with the dealer yet ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
regarding the jerky start, there was/is a documented issue which others call "kangarooing"
The UK forum has a good thread on it and it appears there is a fix

Nor sure if it is the same issue you are having but worth a read.
I am facing this jerky start issue. Thank you for refferring to the informative thread. It is useful. Many thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the first two issues you (OP) described. I have owned the Q3 since late December 2019 and the jerkiness from a stop was very prominent at the beginning and now seems to be only occasionally and less jerky; it could be that the vehicle hasn't been broken in yet; haven't driven it much in light of COVID. Noise from driver's side is annoying but can be masked if the radio volume is set at a certain volume. My Q3 was manufactured in Hungary; what about yours ? I can't be bothered to take it to the dealer right now but will do so at first oil change which isn't due until this December. Have you addressed these issues with the dealer yet ?
Interesting that it seems to be happening less frequently for you now. Just wish I knew what that jerkiness could be attributed to. The car drives beautifully otherwise. Regarding the wind noise - yes, I've found that it only occurs when driving around 75mph+ and the entertainment volume masks it well. Sometimes I don't hear the wind noise at all when driving at a high speed, so other factors must be contributing to this. I haven't addressed these issues with the dealer yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts