Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes it's true - the US/NA market, alone in the world for this - gets JUST the Tiptronic for the Q3. No dual clutches for us - wtf? Again, must be another cost reduction item to distance the Q3's Base MSRP from the Q5 to provide a market difference. I suppose it COULD be that the Q3 here is a hefty 3683 lbs curb with Quattro, but heck it's not really lighter in the ROW where ALL they get is the DSG in ALL forms...

Not that the Tip is bad for a torque convertor box, but the DSG is so much better for drivers especially with Quattro and the Haldex dif. Why have a Sport Package with Drive Select and shift paddles without the DSG? I just don't get it. If anybody does, please enlighten me -

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I just put on 1000 miles on a new A3 sedan 1.8T demo car. Loved the S-Tronic (aka DSG). I think it's a 7-speed unit in the A3 1.8T. So smooth, and the shifts are lightning fast. Audi needs to fast track that drivetrain into the Q3.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just put on 1000 miles on a new A3 sedan 1.8T demo car. Loved the S-Tronic (aka DSG). I think it's a 7-speed unit in the A3 1.8T. So smooth, and the shifts are lightning fast. Audi needs to fast track that drivetrain into the Q3.
Dream on ...

Maybe for 2016 MY

·
Registered
158 Posts
they'll be keeping that special for the RSQ3... I mean straight 5, dual clutching, needs to be kept exclusive from a marketing standpoint... Plus Audi does not want to canibalise sales of the A3 by making the Q3 the larger wagon (essentially)

·
Registered
914 Posts
they'll be keeping that special for the RSQ3... I mean straight 5, dual clutching, needs to be kept exclusive from a marketing standpoint... Plus Audi does not want to canibalise sales of the A3 by making the Q3 the larger wagon (essentially)
that is true, just can't wait to see what the RSQ3 will be like, it's been on my mind for quite some time.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is true, just can't wait to see what the RSQ3 will be like, it's been on my mind for quite some time.
You can go here : http://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuwagen/q3/rs-q3.html?pr=8UBR7Y2|N9N9|QH right now and build your own;) It's in German but you can keep another browser tab open to copy/translate, just don't believe the price (which includes about 16% tax) and expect a significant reduction in options and color choices for us here (US/NA). The RSQ3 should be here about next year this time and will definitely come with the a DSG (S-tronic)...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts