Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i apologize if my question has already been asked. I recently discovered a slash on the inside of the tire on my wife's 2015 q3 quattro prestige plus. We bought the car used with 20 in rims running dunlop sp sport signature 245 35 r20 that have since been discontinued. The remaining tires have approximately 8/32 tread left and i am wondering if it's ok to replace just the back two tires with a different brand of tire(continental dws 06 245 35 r20)? Or because of the awd do all 4 need to be replaced?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
If on the same axle as yuo mention, you should be fine - unless they were VERY different kinds/sizes of tires... by kinds, I mean winter snow vs summer dry for example, not just brands. Sizes can have other problems to worry over -

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your feedback. I heard horror stories about the differential being shot due to different amounts of tire revolutions and the awd system being overworked. Both tires are all season tires but will different tread patterns make a difference as well?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Not really IMHO - but it's really better to keep axles the same - and with any AWD car, VERY close to the OD as specified.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts