Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which model 6-Speeds are in the US bound Q3's? Is it the Aisin 09G?

Reason I'm asking. The same Unit is in my 07 VW MKV and as this is a "sealed" unit, according to the manual "Maintenance free" with lifetime fluid. I learned the hard way and realize lifetime means until the warranty runs out. Turns out that VW changed those guidelines with later models and the prior years had valve body issues which regular fluid changes would have helped prevent. My valve body was replaced at 152K.

Basically, I didn't see anything in the maintenance booklet regarding tranny fluid changes (only Diff fluid for the Haldex) on the Q3. I will be doing them regularly every 30K as I'm not taking the chance since that wasn't a cheap repair.

I suggest everyone do the same. Search around and you'll see pages upon pages regarding the subject on these VW/Audi units.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Yup - it IS the Aisin 09G/09M ...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, Aisin 09G. Change the fluid and filter every 30,000 miles. Make sure you use the correct ATF fluid. There is nothing "sealed", or "Lifetime" about this transmission......just VAG trying to reduce perceived maintanence costs.....

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Yes, Aisin 09G. Change the fluid and filter every 30,000 miles. Make sure you use the correct ATF fluid. There is nothing "sealed", or "Lifetime" about this transmission......just VAG trying to reduce perceived maintanence costs.....
Actually it's the DOT/NHTSA NOT VAG that's creating these "maintenance" intervals ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts