Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a bit confused about Q3 trim levels. Is a full loaded Premium Plus not the same thing as a Prestige?

The only difference between the two trim levels seems to be that the Prestige comes with some of the packages that are optional on the Premium Plus. Or am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I am a bit confused about Q3 trim levels. Is a full loaded Premium Plus not the same thing as a Prestige?

The only difference between the two trim levels seems to be that the Prestige comes with some of the packages that are optional on the Premium Plus. Or am I missing something?
At least in the US for 2016 (not much different for 2015 either btw) : NO, a fully loaded Premium Plus is NOT the same as a Prestige. Here's the differences :

1) Full LED Headlights
2) Dynamic Rear Turn signals
3) S-line grill, bumper covers (front and rear) - badges, and door sills
4) Bose Sound system
5) Heated, Folding exterior mirrors, with driver-side dimming
6) SS Trunk sill

and the loaded Premium Plus will prolly cost more than the Prestige ...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that answer. I am disappointed as the car I have on order is a fully loaded Premium Plus. I only realized this today. I thought it was a Prestige. It was the only one they had with sport seats. So now I am paying slightly more for fewer options.

I can't think of why the dealership would package things this way other than to be deceptive.

The car does not arrive at the dealership for another week or so. Perhaps it's not too late.

My fault, I guess.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Thanks for that answer. I am disappointed as the car I have on order is a fully loaded Premium Plus. I only realized this today. I thought it was a Prestige. It was the only one they had with sport seats. So now I am paying slightly more for fewer options.

I can't think of why the dealership would package things this way other than to be deceptive.

The car does not arrive at the dealership for another week or so. Perhaps it's not too late.

My fault, I guess.
Hey look, in the end you'll still have a super nice Audi - the Bose sound system is cool, but perhaps not that important to you cuz the standard one is too. So what about folding mirrors (which you still might have - just to VCDS them) and a SS trunk sill... None of that stuff really affects the driving experience as much as the stuff you already have - so enjoy !!!
You'll be glad you are ...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is the Q3 you order an 2016?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey look, in the end you'll still have a super nice Audi - the Bose sound system is cool, but perhaps not that important to you cuz the standard one is too. So what about folding mirrors (which you still might have - just to VCDS them) and a SS trunk sill... None of that stuff really affects the driving experience as much as the stuff you already have - so enjoy !!!
You'll be glad you are ...
Thanks. I guess your right. Nice of you o put it that way.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I can definitely vouch for the stock stereo. It's pretty ace!

Also: the mirrors can be coded into folding? Interesting...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I can definitely vouch for the stock stereo. It's pretty ace!

Also: the mirrors can be coded into folding? Interesting...

Only if the standard mirrors you get are electric folding, then you can get them coded to fold automatically........

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
It looked like from the PR codes that the NAR get the same production codes (5SG & 5RW) for the mirrors, even with the different coding (6XD not folding and 6XK folding) - However, upon further research the P/Ns are NOT the same with the mirrors for my car (folding) having the mirror P/N 8U1857409G (left) and the Canadian car in mind (ehechter's) having the mirror P/N 8U1857409F (left). Doesn't sound like much, but the accompanying PR Codes are different noting the coding (6XD and 6XK) and the price for the mirrors is considerably different at $543 for the G (folding) and $319 for the F - all leading me to conclude that the hardware for folding is NOT there. Sorry -

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Go back a post or 2 - Hardware prolly NOT there - sorry ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts