Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you US users have one or two trunk lights?
Ours (on a RHD car) is on the right hand side as you look into the boot, just wondered if you have the same side light or the opposite.

I'd like to add a second light to the opposite side.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My mistake, I do have lights on both sides of the trunk...
They're just candle powered :D

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
ours are LEDs ...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting....

I have the LED pack, so all the interior lights are LED except the trunk which are candles :D

·
Registered
603 Posts
Interesting....

I have the LED pack, so all the interior lights are LED except the trunk which are candles :D
Its not so hard to switch them to LEDs if you care enough. Plenty of people do things like that. Is it something you've considered?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I intend to :D

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Interesting....

You're right - again :), I was too quick - darn, I have candles too - but will be is search of an LED to change them - they just look horrible...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Lee -

Here's an interesting point - I love knowledge - my PR codes for this are QE5 and QQ1, which is the "tray areas package 3" and "with additional lights" - AND I was SUPPOSED to get LEDs here, but just did not. The LED P/N is (they're the same for both sides) : 8J0947409 and here they cost $27 each.

btw, since I could, I checked YOUR car too, and it seems that you might've had them as well - look in your mail for your Cat-PR Data I sent you. You have the same PR Codes as me, but your car is a model year older, so they're not on the list.

I suspect that Audi's just-in-time supply chain wasn't. So they just tossed in the ol' candles without a wink or even a nod ...

What say others I wonder ??

·
Registered
603 Posts
I am figuring that Audi just didn't think that people would care that much about the lights in the trunk. Doesn't really make sense why they wouldn't just put LEDs in every light spot. I don't think that it is a cost thing because with the volume of LEDs they are using I just don't think that makes much sense.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good to know. I'm sure I'll buy them the minute someone posts a picture of their brightly lit boot. :-D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Same here - not cool, Audi. :( Do you think there'd be any benefit to buying these as a group from somewhere? Probably not, but...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Good to know. I'm sure I'll buy them the minute someone posts a picture of their brightly lit boot. :-D
Just an LED replacement bulb...works a treat.

Going to investigate the extra LH lamp sometime also.

·
Registered
200 Posts
****...now I want this. Did you use the bulb that's been linked to in this thread?

Just an LED replacement bulb...works a treat.

Going to investigate the extra LH lamp sometime also.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I used an LED bulb I had left over from the batch I used in my ML, it came from HIDS4U, which is a bulb supplier over here in the UK.

It's basically a w5w replacement but it is designed to have all the micro emitters all on one side of the bulb (so as to throw the light just one way).

It was an X-tec marked bulb as I remember.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You people are spending way to much time in the rear hatch.
Better to have a light trunk area........no way do you want to find a putrid lettuce hiding in a dark corner of the trunk three weeks after the shopping trip :eek:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I need extra light to ensure I've not left evidence behind of a any kidnappings. :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts