Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help, I forgot to write this down before changing it and it's caused issues with my front led turn signals.... Does anyone have the original binary for:

09-Cent. Elect
Byte 18
Bit 0-7

My binary is currently set at 10000101 for:

[85 Light Setup: Audi Q3 (8UB) | Bi-Xenon (PR-8BP/8IH) | LED Tails (PR-8SK) | Scand DRLs (PR-8K1)]

I like the was this separates the brake light and turn signals and it uses the brake light as a drl, but somewhere in the coding it screwed up my front led turn signal probably because I've got the full LED units on my MY16.... The turn signal is pulsing like it's getting the wrong voltage. Just curious if anyone has both the original binary number I should have stock and maybe a way to get my led fronts to work with the split brake lights.

Checked all other coding and it's fine...

Thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
FIRST : as it bears repeating : BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP - sorry, couldn't help myself -

Here's the long code of a 2016 Q3 for CM09 : just count off the bytes from the left (first one zero) and use the HEX, then you can look into LONG CODING HELPER for the binary if you want ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is that the long coding for a Prestige with LED headlights? I think some of the problem is that in the drop down of selections the full LED headlight isn't an option, thus vcds doesn't know what to set it back to.. Definitely need to do an updated "works on 2016s" post for the Prestige models

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Yes it is - and that is what the OP asked for. As for VCDS "doesn't know what to set it back to," is incorrect - It is YOU that needs to know what to set it back to if you make a change and the label files are either incomplete or perhaps NOT even there. As I have said many times, backup, BackUp, BACKUP !! It is NOT fair to expect VCDS to be responsible for your failure to be careful. VCDS does NOT represent itself to be idiot-proof and so states. Updating the posts for "works on 2016s" won't change this. R-T gets many of its label files from users like us - they don't guarantee the content of label files or even their exact compatibility. That's why they say backup, BackUp, BACKUP !! too ...

If you do NOT feel comfortable being responsible for creating a record (BackUp) of your existing coding BEFORE you make changes - DON'T make ANY - simple...NO whining afterwards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Roger.... I've been modifying Audis and Volkswagens for upwards of 17 years and have been working for a well known Audi/VW/BMW/Porsche shop for well over a decade; I remember Ross-Tech's "dumb" serial interface with the inline box, so this isn't new stuff to me, however there are plenty of people who subscribe to the "blind following the blind" of Internet Know-It-Alls and need every bit spelled out for them, thus my suggestion of an updated "works for 2016 Prestige" post :)

cheers

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thanks Roger.... I've been modifying Audis and Volkswagens for upwards of 17 years and have been working for a well known Audi/VW/BMW/Porsche shop for well over a decade; I remember Ross-Tech's "dumb" serial interface with the inline box, so this isn't new stuff to me, however there are plenty of people who subscribe to the "blind following the blind" of Internet Know-It-Alls and need every bit spelled out for them, thus my suggestion of an updated "works for 2016 Prestige" post :)

cheers
Roger KNOWS ALL!

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
anand - I try to be very clear on what can, may, should AND SHOULD NOT be done with VCDS - especially cuz folks often think of stuff like this as "a computer" like a Mac or a PC which have a larger set of idiot-proof controls. That said, VCDS IS pretty clear, BUT it can SO easily by-passed to do (code) bad things in careless hands. There is NO UNDO key or command, so once you "Do It", you've done gone and DONE IT. I can help some folks out as I have an R-T tech as a good friend, and I have access to a lot of Audis including my own. I'm no newbie to VCDS either, but I learned a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away to do my backup scans FIRST...

And unlike many drug interactions, R-T does NOT do a compleat (spelling correct) cross-reference to all bytes and codes of like modules (e.g. 09 Cent Elect) across the brand. SOME codes for a B8(A4-5) may work in a Q3 or a Q5, but not (and mostly not) always - sometimes the code will NOT be accepted, or it will and nothing happens or something else does - but knowing from where you started is a FUNDAMENTAL wisdom point, that must be present before even plugging in, imho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts