Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a new 2018 Q3 Sline. She previously had a 2004 A6 Avant. Apparently the new Audis now use a different seat heater mechanism. After about 10 minutes the seat heaters automatically change from level 3 to level 2. Additionally the heaters aren't very warm even on level 3. My wife has a back condition and the seat heaters are a great help for her. I've discovered from research that the Q5 has adaptations that allow the timer step down time to be adjusted or disabled entirely. As well as the seat heater temperature can be increased up to 5 degrees. I purchased an OBDEleven in hopes that the same adaptations would be present for the Q3 and of course they aren't.

Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the automatic heat reduction on a 2018 Q3?
Does anyone know if it is possible to increase the heat output of the seat heaters on a 2018 Q3?

(North America car, BTW - S Line Sport Premium Plus)

·
Registered
5 Posts
On my Q3, level 3 is too hot after a few minutes; perhaps the automatic step down is to preserve the heating element. Anyway, after checking Amazon I found that they sell different types of 12v heating pads for automotive use, hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts