Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just couldn't help but adding this ... I realize it's not everyone's cup of tea, but hey - It's mine >:D

I purchased an RSQ3 bottom bumper vent grill, cut out the center part graphics, and fit them to my S-line bumper cover lower vent grill - they fit well this way even if the vent grills don't. Ever since I saw an RS7 with this, I kinda liked it - and now with both the S-line bumper cover and the RSQ3 grill - I think it's just the finishing touch ...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, but I think I'm just ... kinda nuts. And, as the Dutch say, 'on that bike', I'm having a blast too, so - yatta hey!

...and, I'll never see myself coming my way.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Roger, More power to you! Looks good from where i'm sitting!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah, thumbs up on this one - looks really great!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I love it... if my husband sees it, my Q3 will be on the lift too.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
>:D Show 'em !!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
How about even better............reverse it ;)

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about even better............reverse it ;)
I like the idea, and mentioned it to Audi last year when this first showed up on the RSQ3. Their response was "When BMW tried that with their reverse 'turbo' on the 2002, it went over quite badly with the driving public."

But of course that was Germany, in 1976, so things could be a bit different today. I don't see a reverse "quattro" in Audi's parts bin yet though :(

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes it went down very badly back then, especially with the drivers on the Autobahn who were being tailgated by a dirty big TURBO decal in their RVM........funnily enough I bet the 2002 drivers loved it......I only had the tii......but would have relished the Turbo.....including the decal.

·
Registered
152 Posts
New Q3 owner. Has anyone tried these gills on a 2016 with the wider aluminum frame or trim? Does it look good? I REALLY like the look of this grill and feel the one on my car its least attractive feature. Mine is a lot of thick, shiny black plastic.

Where can these be bought? And do they come with adequate instructions?

Appreciate the input.

~Bob

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New Q3 owner. Has anyone tried these gills on a 2016 with the wider aluminum frame or trim? Does it look good? I REALLY like the look of this grill and feel the one on my car its least attractive feature. Mine is a lot of thick, shiny black plastic.

Where can these be bought? And do they come with adequate instructions?

Appreciate the input.

~Bob
Sorry Bob, won't fit around grill or headlights - it's also NOT available in the US. I bought this used in the UK, shipped it to the states and repaired/re sprayed it... almost $1000 all said and done, but like you, I like it a lot. I also knew this going in, cuz we weren't getting the S-line here...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Bummer! It does look good. My grille is a bit different than I have seen before. Very chunky.

Hopefully someone will do something third party for grille, and what do you call the place where fog lights "used" to be?

~Bob

·
Registered
400 Posts
Wow Roger! That looks amazing!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Roger, if I am only swapping out the grill, how hard is it? Is it pretty much plug/play, or do I need to remove several other items?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually you can do this from the front as I did. I used a genuine Audi part (from the RSQ3) cuz when I did it the current stick on versions from China were not available. But these versions are even easier to do. and they come with a couple screw holes that you can use zip-ties thru...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, looks really solid. I'm thinking about implementing some mods myself, but can't find time to sit on it thoroughly. My friend from DSRLeasing has already starting taking his first steps into nice mods.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts