Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
News came out today that Audi is going to be creating a Tesla model X rival called the Q8 e-tron. It will use an all-electric drivetrain consisting of a potent electric motor mounted over each axle and a lithium-ion battery pack located under the passenger compartment.

This leads me to wonder if Audi is planning on making e-tron version of its other SUVs. The Q3 would be a great electric city car that could battle the BMW i3.

Do you think that Audi will be rolling out other e-tron models past this Q8 e-tron?

Expect to see the Audi Q8 e-tron in concept form next year, and in show rooms in 2016.

·
Registered
914 Posts
There's a good chance, if there's any vehicle they should start it on it's an entry-level Audi like the Q3.

What would they call it? the Q3e?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yep. I also think it would basically have the E Tron drivetrain

Which is not a bad drivetrain

Reviews so far have been very impressive.

·
Registered
914 Posts
at 3,470 pounds that's really light, even it's performance is amazing, just going off of the little that's on autoblog's website, not bad at all!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seeing as how Audi is bringing e tron to its larger SUVs and it already has it in its A3, I think it is just a matter of time before it makes its way to the Q3. How much is the price differential when buying a plug in from Audi?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you mean by "changes?"

I am not so sure that they will use the exact same e-tron power train in the Q8 as they would in the Q3.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The only reason i think you can pretty much guarantee a Q3 etron is because for NA Audi is going to discontinue the A3 hatch once Q3 gets here. Anyone who wants that type of mileage is either going to have to go for the A3 sedan eTron or the Golf GTE is they want the space. I doubt Audi is going to leave that slice of sales on the table for someone else to scoop..

·
Registered
914 Posts
How many times do you think they will use that same electric powertrain? are there any other vehicles they can use it in?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is this electronic powertrain going to be used in the new electric VW Golf as well?

Sure seems like Audi could get a lot of use out of it. A3 and Q3 at least. Does it have enough power to propel some of the larger models?

·
Registered
914 Posts
I heard the Q1 might be for developing nations where brands like Mercedes have went into with their compact luxury vehicles.

·
Registered
158 Posts
ITs more than likely that the Q3 will receive a plug in variant. Especially on the backs of news that Porsche will be selling a Macan Plug in Hybrid into the US market. You have to assume its using similar tech to the Audi's, if not identical tech.

Its only logical for the VW group to proliferate this technology as much as possible to take advantage of scale...

·
Registered
914 Posts
Q3 does seem more likely to get this, it's one of their only vehicles that can apply to more people than most of their vehicles can. Best to use it on this platform.

·
Registered
124 Posts
ITs more than likely that the Q3 will receive a plug in variant. Especially on the backs of news that Porsche will be selling a Macan Plug in Hybrid into the US market. You have to assume its using similar tech to the Audi's, if not identical tech.

Its only logical for the VW group to proliferate this technology as much as possible to take advantage of scale...
We will wait to see how the A3 E Tron does in North America.. If it ever comes.

That will give us an indication of a Q3 E Tron possibility.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts