Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Q3 Quattro 2.0, no mods, daily driver. Has 65k on it, with orginal Carlex Acoustic OE windshield.
The windshield glass has developed what looks to be pock marks that create some slight distortion when driving in the sun, or at night from oncoming headlights.
There are also waterspots (looks like hard water stains) that are more prevelent where the winshield wiper stops and returns on driver's side. Wife took to dealer or new battery installation and Q was given a courtsey wash, and from there the issues appeared.

I have tried dawn detergent and baking soda, vinegar solution, other glass cleaning stuff with no sucess.
I'm tempted to try buffing with cerium oxide, but that might be too agressive and cause more distortion.

Inspection with shop light up close looks like pockmarks are in the laminate.
The exterior surface has a lot of minor scrathes and water mark looking spots.

Anyone know if there any know issues with Carlex OE windshield glass?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, just registered to reply to you.
A rented a new Q3 today and I thought I have a problem with my eyes or a reflection from the dash.
But actually the windshield looks like icy rainy frozen onto it. I also thought that's a new type of windscreen heeting but I've seen no thin wires running in it. It's definately disturbing if you looking at objects further than 20m.

I just wanted to assure you, you are not alone, and I think the fact that you are in the US and I'm in Spain looking at the same annoying issue means , a lot of owners should check their eyes cause its not safe to drive when you don't even see the artifacts on your own windscreen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts