Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attended upgrade existing CarPlay to wireless connection, I got a refer from my friend with a smart dongle. This seems like, is the latest dongle, that not only for upgrading to wireless CarPlay and Wireless android auto. Exactly like wired carplay!
I am so excited and would like to sharing this. I LOVE HAVING WIRELESS CARPLAY! I will keep updating here!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed this on my 2022 Q3 and it works great! I also had the same exact item on my 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee and it has been 99% flawless for the past 1.5 years. Installation takes about 5 minutes too. I say 99% because a few times over the past 1.5 years I had to reset it to connect to my phone (i.e. disconnect/reconnect).
Amazon.com: Carplay Wireless Adapter for iPhone - Drimfly Apple Carplay Wireless Adapter/Dongle Fits for All Factory Wired Carplay Cars,Convert Wired to Wireless CarPlay 2022 Upgrade 5GHz WiFi : Electronics

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed this on my 2022 Q3 and it works great! I also had the same exact item on my 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee and it has been 99% flawless for the past 1.5 years. Installation takes about 5 minutes too. I say 99% because a few times over the past 1.5 years I had to reset it to connect to my phone (i.e. disconnect/reconnect).
Amazon.com: Carplay Wireless Adapter for iPhone - Drimfly Apple Carplay Wireless Adapter/Dongle Fits for All Factory Wired Carplay Cars,Convert Wired to Wireless CarPlay 2022 Upgrade 5GHz WiFi : Electronics
3.7 out of 5star ,489 ratings.Customers must be dissatisfied.😂

·
Registered
2 Posts
3.7 out of 5star ,489 ratings.Customers must be dissatisfied.😂
Got no skin in the game, just sharing my own personal experience.

To be honest, the second one I got (for the Q3) would reset roughly every 30 minutes of operation. Since I purchased it from AMZ I simply returned it for a replacement which works great. Maybe their QC reflects their customer rating. Lots of other competing options in the market, anyone's choice of which one to get. I would think they have all identical guts underneath though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts